Bedside Gun.

Bedside Gun.

This is a discussion on Bedside Gun. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What is your bedside gun, and why did you choose it? I usually have my Taurus 24/7 .40 next to me while I sleep, however ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedside Gun.

Bedside Gun.

What is your bedside gun, and why did you choose it?

I usually have my Taurus 24/7 .40 next to me while I sleep, however it is back in Miami getting tweaked so presently I have my XD9SC. One of the reasons I bought the XD was to replace the 24/7 for carry but it has also replaced it as night duty.
    I don't use a laser or rail mounted light. I know, I should install one. I always seem to find something else to spend the money on.
    I like having a full mag, I don't feel that a revolver or single stack should be used for night duty when there are double stacks sitting in the safe.
    I don't use a long gun, I have them but I don't use them for night duty.

Reading my own criteria over I see that I have gaps in my own plan. I am most proficient with a handgun so I will continue to use one for HD, but I do need to get a light/laser installed, and possibly get the paperwork done on a suppressor.

Can you fit a suppressor on a FiveseveN?

Now that would be a 'bedside gun'...

VIP Member
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I kind of follow OPFOR as I also have two bedside guns. I have a PS90 next to the bed and my Glock 35 compgun in the night stand.

G35?
    I have a G34 but I don't use it for HD as I'm convinced a prosecutor would chew me up because of the light trigger.

VIP Member
    What do you think he'd say about the SMG? :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    What do you think he'd say about the SMG? :)
    There's that little matter of you being in Brazil?

At The Bedside...

Kimber Pro CDP II...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    XD40. Comes out of the carry holster, and goes into the XD Gear paddle screwed to the bed frame. I also need to scrounge up the money to buy a light.

The Beretta 92FS stays right in the holster of the day and sleeps with me under my pillow. Everything else is locked in the safe, except for the Mossberg 12ga. I don't keep the shells in it though. That's more for my wife. If she sees me run from the room with my Beretta in hand, she knows to grab the Mossberg and the shells, load it, call 911 on her cell phone, and wait until I call her.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

My beside gun is useally my EDC . Taurus Millenium pro 9mm. But sometimes i put it away and will have my XD45 at the ready and ofcorse a surefire flashlight. I also need to get a rail mounted light for it.

I also Keep a small fire extinguisher next to the night stand.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Springfield Armory XD 9MM Service.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I keep both my XD 40 and Sig 239SAS
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

VIP Member
    Beretta Vertec 92G 9mm with Mec-Gar 20 round magazine fitted with a Pearce +2 floorplate and Sure Fire X200A weapon light (top of photo)...and a Remington 870/Wilson Combat BP custom .12 GA.
    Attached Images
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    My XD 45, because I would rather trust a .45 to anything else and it has a rail light and 14 rds.

And my Semi-auto coyote rifle...between the two of them I'm not going to run out of ammo before I run out of bad guys or have to reload frequently either.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links