Defensive Carry banner

Buying Machine Guns without Background Checks

1K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  hdhnict 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I bought my very first handgun at a Gunshow. And the seller directed me to a table at the end of the exposition hall with a bank of computers and clerks doing background checks. The system that weekend was so overloaded. They sent me home and I had to come back at their next Houston area show to pick up my firearm. So if there is a GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE.......I didn't find it!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

#3 ·
There is no gun show loophole. The Liberal Commies want the public to believe that so they can further restrict your right to own a firearm so that they may better control the population.

People that don't own firearms or are unfamiliar with Federal or State law will believe anything the Left feeds them.

Propaganda works. Just ask Herr Dr. Goebbels.

#5 ·
You have investigative reports for all sorts of dumb issues that nobody cares about. Your reporting team goes undercover, exposes some issues, and plays it along their agenda. Somehow this doesn't happen with guns. Somehow we should just believe the alleged reports because they're repeated over and over again. Common sense?

#6 ·
I used to think years ago that the so-called gun show loop-hole meant you didn't have to pay state sales tax:blink: I was wrong every gun that I purchased at a gun show in the past decade or two there was a 4473 completed and I paid state sales tax! :rolleyes: Not sure where all these so called loop holes are:confused: Oddly the vendors at the gun shows that don't charge sales tax are usually selling non-gun related made in China swag or miracle salves, pillows, etc...:ticking:

#7 ·
The only loophole I know of is in the mind of the Liberazi's.

Fed Regulations have so many rules and red tape attached to machine guns that buying a machine gun alone is a felony. The idiots that call themselves media are some of the most educated inbred idiots ever bred in the history of man kind.
They report of people buying Machine Guns without a background check, acting as if that in itself it terrible, while being totally oblivious to the fact that the act of buying the MG itself is illegal without the right paperwork.

And, fact of the matter is, in many states you can legally buy a machine gun as long as you do it properly. I can and do sell fully automatic weapons. It is a major effort to do so with the required paperwork and they are very expensive. AUTOMATIC and SEMI-AUTOMATIC are two different words.

They tyrants either don't care, or they are lying about it.

#11 ·
The only loophole I know of is in the mind of the Liberazi's.

Fed Regulations have so many rules and red tape attached to machine guns that buying a machine gun alone is a felony. The idiots that call themselves media are some of the most educated inbred idiots ever bred in the history of man kind.
They report of people buying Machine Guns without a background check, acting as if that in itself it terrible, while being totally oblivious to the fact that the act of buying the MG itself is illegal without the right paperwork.

And, fact of the matter is, in many states you can legally buy a machine gun as long as you do it properly. I can and do sell fully automatic weapons. It is a major effort to do so with the required paperwork and they are very expensive. AUTOMATIC and SEMI-AUTOMATIC are two different words.

They tyrants either don't care, or they are lying about it.
They are lying about it and they dont care. Its Treason against the american people.....

Reactions: ccw9mm and HotGuns
#8 ·
My wife and I just had this conversation about the so called gun show loophole.

If the antis would just say that they want to stop private sales at gun shows they might actually get some support. Heck, they might even get some kind of legislation to stop those private sales at gun shows. The problem is that they don't really want to stop those sales AT GUN SHOWS.

They want to stop all private sales. They want to regulate your personal property rights and limit your liberties anyway they can.

There are plenty of true, safety and security oriented "common sense" guide lines that I would have no problem supporting from an academic standpoint except for two things;

1.) The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America specifically prohibits and infringement our right to keep and bear arms.

2.) Our Govt. cannot be trusted to stop at "reasonable" or "Common Sense" measures.

#9 ·
From what I understand, you just need to order them on the internet. I think you go to Amazon.com and type in "Uzi". I've also heard that you can get them from vending machines in Texas.

#10 ·
I buy most of my firearms at a LGS with the NICS check computer based. It adds about 5 minutes to the transaction. I can go in, know which firearm I want, and be walking out in 20 minutes with all the needed checks, payment, etc. completed. Occasionally a chain sporting goods store in the area will have a good sale on a rifle or shotgun that I want. It was all paper based until about 6 months ago and they would phone it in. It would often take 2 hours to buy a shotgun. Even now, it can still be 1.5 hours with the computer based. If there really was a way to legally get around background checks from a reputable dealer of new firearms and avoid that hassle, I would be tempted to take full advantage.

#12 ·
I do laugh about the full auto stuff .... Yep as Hotgun said you can legal buy a full auto no issues in many state ..Just a long procese and oh lord the money ..I may a MAC is at like 6k now ..A M16 about 15-20k or more if a true miltary ..And dont ask how much a M60 or 50cal goes for

I think the Libreal will faint if you tell them it is perfectly legal to buy a lot of things ..40mm laucher etc

#13 ·
The gun show loophole is a myth. What they are really talking about are face to face sales between individuals in many States that do not require a background ( NICS) check. The sale would have to between individuals without a FFL. In some states the sale of pistil and rifles are not regulated for individuals. In NC pistol sales are all regulated and you must get a pistol permit or a CCW from any individual you want to sell a pistol to. I think they call it the gun show loophole because they surmise that many of these type of sales will occur at gun shows. The original article is a little silly because anyone with an FFL is not allowed to sell any firearm without a background check even if they are at a gun show. Obama is trying to stop individual ftf sales by requiring anyone that sells a firearm to have a license by executive order.

Any of the FFL's on this site can correct me if I am wrong but that is how I understand it.
SW

#15 ·
Pretty much ..

In AZ it is perfectly legal to met a guy in a parking lot hand him cash for a gun and walk away ..Assuming of course both parties live in AZ with ID are over 18 (legal age for handgun sales if not though a FFL though most including me wont sell to someone under 21) and are know to be able to own guns ..

They call it the gun show loop hole as they seem to think it only happens there

Mind you all the laws still appile to this ..Ie no interstate sales no NFA over counter sales etc

Reactions: Sea Wolf
#16 ·
For select-fire and full-auto items, you're correct that it's not.

Nicely, for those of us living in free states, private transactions are perfectly lawful and not criminalized. Paperless, 4473-less, without a dealer or documentation of any kind. (Excepting the "auto" stuff, of course, which the feds demand be complied with on the NFA/tax stuff.)

IMO, it certainly should be unobstructed acquisition and ownership, along with carrying/bearing of the thing. As written, as intended.

#18 ·
You can buy a full auto but it will take 6-12 months before the dealer can hand you that gun and let you walk out the door. The paperwork involved is amazing and takes a long time to get through ATF; if every single t is crossed and i doted. If not, back to square one. Some full auto's can only be sold/transferred between dealers, not to the public. The average media type wouldn't know a full auto if bit them.

#20 ·
I guess Ky is the gun show loophole . See we as free men can between us buy, sell, or trade .All we want no paper work needed. Now buying from a dealer well got to follow the rules. However with a permit No need to wait for the phone call You permit number works for the check. I have sold a gun to man on right. Collected the cash Turned to man on left bought what he had and pocket the difference. . During court days all sort of swaping and selling between like minded citizens . Glad I live in a free state not a controlled one

#21 ·
The only loophole about buying firearms at a gun show is called federalism.

When Congress was debating the GCA of '68, they believed that the business transactions of private sellers selling used firearms within a state was not within the federal government's authority to regulate under the Constitution (specifically the commerce clause) and left it to the states to figure out how to deal with that market (if they want to). All FFLs have to follow the regulations of their licences no matter where they are.

Forgetting the 2A for a moment, I don't understand where the federal government derives just power to regulate used NFA items sold within a state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.