Defensive Carry banner

Pro 2nd A bumber sticker, window flags - bad idea?

5K views 63 replies 48 participants last post by  John_W_in_SC 
#1 ·
"Come and take it!!"

You have now advertised that firearms may be in your vehicle.
I for one, will shoot and kill anyone that tries to take advantage that.
But does that invite the scum?

#35 ·
The first sticker ever on my new truck was the POW-MIA type I got after visiting the Traveling Wall. My stickers reflect small town values and my heritage.

Anyone who might say sumpin' sideways about my stickers or me like as not they'll get an earful from me. I'll scorch their ears off too.

#44 ·
Well in the car world each sticker applied is 10hp added. Some folks need more "powah" than others.
That's why the Prius are normally covered in stickers. :rofl:

I don't think stickers make a car a target. The car makes the car a target.

Prior to the 2012/2013/2014 elections mine wore several stickers, as Colorado was in the midst of a very contentious election cycle. I wanted fence sitters and old ladies to know the harmless looking soft-spoken cute little old guy with short hair and a briefcase was a Second Amendment supporter (hence belying the ignorant toothless hillbilly stereotype)........while I OC'd.............

Colorado went all stupid anyway...............

Now............in preparation for a road trip through Massachusetts, New York, and other non-friendly territories, they all got stripped off.

Choose your look dependent on your environment.

#42 ·
I don't put gun stickers on the vehicle and don't think it's the right idea for me. Don't want anyone breaking Windows for nothing. ..bc that's what they'd find. I it s VERY VERY rare that I ever leave mine in there. I've got one on the back glass that has to do with the church I go to. .. Coty worries about that one just bc of the events lately, but the church sticker isn't an I'm religious hear me roar thing, its a follow me I'm trying my best to do the right thing kind of thing. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

#47 ·
Well if there's a gun in my car then I'm not gonna be able to shoot someone trying to take it..... Only time that ever happens is if I can't take the gun that's on me inside!!

I have a few stickers on my jeep. Only one I'd think could possibly give someone the idea I have a gun is my Zombie Outbreak Response Team one.

#52 ·
The vehicle I normally drive to and from work in has no stickers, partly to avoid smash n grab attempts and partly because it's a newish car and I don't want to crap it up. My 11.5 year old pick up truck has an NRA sticker. I don't care what it looks like, aint nothing in there worth stealing and when there are guns in it so am I. For the most part I don't sweat stuff like that a whole lot. I don't store guns in any of my vehicles, and if something does happen thats what insurance is for.

#56 ·
In my opinion, yes.

I think any kind of identification on my vehicle is an invitation to someone with an opposing "point of view" to possibly do damage to my car. So, no political statements of any kind. And, as already mentioned in other posts, anything that indicates you might have a firearm inside would be a strong temptation to thieves. I'll confess to having an eagle, globe, and anchor USMC emblem on the rear bumper, though.

#58 ·
Pro 2nd A bumber sticker, window flags - bad idea?

"Come and take it!!"
IMO, yes.

Those who don't know and don't care, won't.
Those who know but don't care, won't.
Those who care greatly and who aren't offended, won't be a problem.

Those who care that I'm "that sort" who have power to place me on "a list" somewhere, might do something about it.

But, those who care greatly and think you're devil-spawned for having such an opinion might take it as an opportunity. To "key" your car; toss a pile of animal feces onto your car; to break your windows; to do you damage personally. Keeping a permanent eye open for such folks might be more challenge than folks are capable of maintaining, over time, at all times. No real upside, here, other than "stickin' it to 'em." And, frankly, such people aren't the ones I'm trying to "turn" with my own opinions on the subject.

So, for me: no upside; likely downside, with certain sub-groups of the population. Hence, makes no sense.

#63 ·
A few years back I had a short term job in the San Francisco bay area. I drove a 62 Chevy pickup with wood racks and surface rust (Classic *******) with Idaho plates and I had to commute about 20 miles and the traffic was insane. Nobody would let you merge or change lanes at all unless you literally forced your car in. One day I put my cowboy hat on and hung the 30.30 in the back window gun rack. Soon as my blinker went on a huge spot opened up and merging was a breeze. Most of the time I had a large space around my truck,even in heavy traffic. Of course at night I took it in but, I did that daily the whole time, worked wonders. Here at home nobody even notices and they tailgate you just the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.