Defensive Carry banner

Pro 2nd A bumber sticker, window flags - bad idea?

5K views 63 replies 48 participants last post by  John_W_in_SC 
#1 ·
"Come and take it!!"

You have now advertised that firearms may be in your vehicle.
I for one, will shoot and kill anyone that tries to take advantage that.
But does that invite the scum?

#4 ·
"Come and take it!!"

Be careful what you go looking for, you may find it.....

#59 ·
I think thats a bad idea too. Now they are expecting you to be an easy target with little resistance. Unarmed, probably not very tough, etc.

#8 ·
This is kind of like the OC versus CC issue. If you OC, the sticker makes perfect sense. If you CC, then not.

And for those not carrying at all… Better decide if you are not OCing or not CCing. It might make a difference.

Except for anyone driving through New York. No sticker. Just don't.

Better sticker might be:

#28 ·
Reactions: Whome65
#17 ·
I agree and disagree. If people can have pro Christian stickers and pro Obama stickers and not get ridiculed for them nether should I. I know what your saying about people knowing there is a gun in your car, or thinking there is for that matter. I guess it would come down to what state you live in mainly and how pro gun it is. I have a don't tread on me on my car but never take it anywhere besides home and work. So not really a concern to me I guess. I would rather show my support for what I belive in than worry about what people thought. Some times it does cross my mind if it is the right thing, then I look at the sticker and go nope that's a cool sticker it's staying. I really like the nra one cause it is kinda discreet looking like marine stickers and all. Tough decision!!

#18 ·
Depends on your region. Aside from the "gun in house" flag for burglers there is the "flagrant innocent thug killer" angle if you do end up shooting someone and the wrongful death civil suit AFTER you are cleared of manslauter charges shows that you were an outspoken proponent of gun violence.

I do not display any such stickers because I live in a state controlled by the "blue" cities even though our county is pretty gun friendly. Know that jury selection will be every frightened rabbit the prosecution can swing that will believe you are a dreaded gun nut.

Conceal your intentions as well as your firearm. It's just another form of adaptive camoflage.

#22 ·
I don't live in an area where I would be picked on for the sticker, but I feel that I don't have to let anyone know. I also believe that if my car is sitting in a parking lot and I have such a sticker someone might break into my car believing that my gun is inside. Especially since if I'm carrying and want to go into somewhere with no guns allowed sticker I have to either go home and put my gun away (thank God I live in a small city) or store it in my car.

#24 ·
I've put signs on other people's vehicles, but not mine. I also reprogram other people's radio presets and load their trunks with old computer chassis or other assorted junk. Maybe the best was swiping someone's remote for their car with a power lift gate. I could sit at a second story window and activate the lift gate in the lot right as people were walking by.

PSA: Don't leave your car keys unattended around me.

What were we talking about?

#26 ·
"Come and take it!!"

Speaking of bad ideas....

And what's with all the bravado? Seems like some people are itching for a fight, and think it's all so easy.

#49 ·
Likewise the same on my window stickers. Nothing on the bumpers since chrome bumpers went the way of the dodo bird.

#32 · (Edited)
"Come and take it!!"

Even in Florida, it is very much not legal to shoot/kill someone for stealing your guns, even if they did so as a result of seeing a bumper sticker and using that as a basis to assume you had a gun in your car. If you shot them for attacking you while they are trying to get at the gun, that would be self defense.

#33 · (Edited)
"Come and take it!!"

I for one, will shoot and kill anyone that tries to take advantage of that.
You just may want to rethink that ideer fella. If not you may wanna move to somewhere in TEXAS as TEXAS has the BEST Castle Doctrine Law in this nation so far as I know.

Or get yourself several Gerry Spence type attorneys on speed dial.

Reactions: Texas Red
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.