Defensive Carry banner

Fun with a grinder

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  PAcanis 
#1 ·
A friend of mine wanted an arched MSH (and extended mag release) put on his Defender, so I ordered them in and installed them for him.
Then he said he wanted me to put a roundbutt on it :blink:
Never having rounded and arched MSH, let alone on a pistol that already has a short grip... plus I didn't want to lose the arch that he paid for by blending in my lines too much... I came up with this. Then I bead blasted it to match.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

It actually feels pretty good in the hand. Not enough that I'd want to replace the flat MSH on my compact with an arched, but I think it works. Hope he likes it. You get what you pay for (nothing), lol.

See less See more
#7 ·
I had lots of fun with grinder. I'm a precision machinist. Spent decades on a Moor # 3 jig grinder, making gages for the military.
Tolerance 37 millionth of an inch. So let me help you.
Thanks, but give me a pair of Vise Grips and a 4-1/2" grinder and I'm good :wink:

#17 ·
Tell me about it! My friend likes them though. He's everything sensitive and not in the greatest health.
I've never liked any rubber grip on a 1911. Let alone wraparounds with finger grooves.
Whatever got into Colt? :confused: Why do they think rubber wraparounds are the cat's butt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.