Defensive Carry banner

Leave it to California the Bullet Dampener...

2K views 41 replies 32 participants last post by  HoustonB77 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Looks familiar.

'"It’s gonna feel like you had a professional baseball player hit you in the chest with a hammer,” he explained...'

Is that different from having, say, a professional roofer hit you in the chest with a hammer?

Good luck getting anybody to adopt this thing willingly. There are exactly no police departments anywhere for which this will be compatible with officer training (actually it will directly contradict the most important training). This is to be marketed towards politicians, not police.

#3 ·
Hm. Questionable durability. Questionable utility in a deadly situation, for halting it in time. Immediate, 100% incapability of using any known holster on the market. One more thing to get hung up during the draw/presentation.

Don't see the point of this.

If you want a "less-than-lethal" rubber-projectile delivery system, get one and use it instead.

#7 ·
They already have pepper spray and stun guns why should they mess with the last real means of self defense. While the police are shooting dum dums the bad guys are shooting police. That should solve all of the problems with shooting deaths in Chicago. Just pass a law saying that it is illegal to carry real guns in Chicago. I'll bet the thugs will just line up for these.

#12 ·
Iv seen this before. It's a clown nose for your gun. The problem I see is that it is ridiculous, and the fact that if you hit some one in the right place just by force it could kill someone...imo. not only that but how is this not a big problem for the gun if this was to fail and screw up the gun now it is useless and puts the officer in trouble. We're taser guns not enough?

#21 ·
Police will ride around feeling like they've been put on punishment and relegated to the kiddy corner if you send them onto the streets with this contraption. They'll become a laughing stock.

#23 ·
I'd leave the proof-of-concept up to the Brits.

#29 ·
Yup.

Something the apologists and knee-jerkers likely won't ever understand.

IF deadly violence needs halting, it needs halting right now. Digging around lower on the force ladder when deadly threat exists ... well that's just likely to get someone crippled or killed. As you say, halting it now ain't a bad thing, when halting needs doing. Something every citizen needs to appreciate, when considering any of these unconstitutional prior-restraint requirements that get floated from time to time. Gotta have only W rounds, X features, Y caliber or Z number of tools. Wrong. Just gotta use it right, when reasonable to use it.

#30 ·
I am not a cop, I have attended a citizens police academy and I am currently a member of the police auxiliary. You might say I've had more exposure to policework than most non-officers. My city is not a regular mention on the nightly news but we have our share of issues. One of the things I've picked up on is the force continuum. I think back to the late 1970's, early 1980's and I picture a police officer. Generally they carried a large mag-light, a nightstick, a revolver or a semi-auto pistol, and maybe a pocket knife. I don't know if OC spray was used back then or not. Now officers are equipped with a large mag-light, sometimes a "tactical" light, a collapsible baton, OC spray, a taser, a pistol, and usually a quick access blade of some kind. There are a lot of levels of force beyond the uniform and the voice that involve split second decisions and an array of tools. A Judge Dredd style sidearm is looking better every day. Simply say the projectile desired (sound, OC, taser, tranquilizer, rapid-fire, armor piercing, incendiary, heat seeking, high-explosive, suppressed, etc) and you have only one tool.

Far fetched I know but it's better than this clown-nose blaster.

#31 ·
This whole idea sounds ridiculous. So how do you holster/unholster a gun with it? After you fire the first shot, the remaining bullets will impact normally, and due to the ineffectiveness of the first one, youre probably going to need an extra. Who spends time searching for the most effective caliber/round, only to intentionally make it less effective?

FLDawg;4093231[B said:
]California is actually an amazingly awesome and beautiful state[/B], sadly it's over-saturated with absolute morons, the state isn't the problem, it's residents are.
Part of it...

#32 ·
This whole idea sounds ridiculous. So how do you holster/unholster a gun with it? After you fire the first shot, the remaining bullets will impact normally, and due to the ineffectiveness of the first one, youre probably going to need an extra. Who spends time searching for the most effective caliber/round, only to intentionally make it less effective?
That's the biggest problem. "Oh, this situation calls for a less-lethal weapon!" *BANG BANG* "Oops... um... I was in fear for my life?"

Just an idiotic idea.

Reactions: Havok
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.