Need help with taurus 24/7.

This is a discussion on Need help with taurus 24/7. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought a taurus PT 24/7 .45 a year and a half ago. It has the stupid user replaceable sights(no dove tail on the back ...

Thread: Need help with taurus 24/7.

I bought a taurus PT 24/7 .45 a year and a half ago. It has the stupid user replaceable sights(no dove tail on the back or front). The new ones are now all dove tail. Now I'm screwed with a non standard system. I called taurus and they basically told me just buy a new one. I said I will It'll be called and XD.

Anyone else have problems with the P.O.S. taurus customer service? If so I highly recommend people steer clear from Taurus because of their "buyer beware" policies. Well I need to either sell this one or get someone to fix it. Mill a dove tail into the slide or get any sights modified. Any suggestions?
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Personally i have never had a problem with Taurus customer service.

Try calling again and ask if it is possible to have the new slide mated to the existing frame. It may cost you some scratch to do it as thier warranty covers defects and problems, and if there is no problem with the sights, they won't do it for free, if at all.

The turn around time is a little slow. I sent mine in a while back for a real minor job that took about seven weeks, but in turn they did more work to the gun than I had requested.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Lead Moderator
    Upgrades are usually not included in warranty. while I do not like Taurus because problems I had, I don't think you have a valid gripe.
    I bought a AR 15 model that the manufacturer assured me was not going to be offered in any other variants. Low and behold , 2 months after my purchase here comes what I really wanted. Stuff happens.
    Options you could look into include selling the 24/7, having dovetail slots cut in the slide or a new slide(as previously mentioned.)
    Good luck.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Ok problem solved a local smith can cut dove tails for about $50. I will wait to see which type of sight I'm going for and do them both together. What set me off is that they refused to cut to dovetails (they have a custom shop) and told me to buy another gun.

It's not like I wanted them to do it for free. That really punched my buttons. That and they would not let me talk to the custom shop at all.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Administrator
    I've been telling people about Taurus and their "customer service" since I joined CC. They are a bad company that builds marginal guns. Sorry if that offends anyone, but sometimes the truth stings a little.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links