Full auto fun

This is a discussion on Full auto fun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know this is not a concealed carry gun, but WOW is was fun. My buddy and I were at the range (private club) today ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full auto fun

Full auto fun

I know this is not a concealed carry gun, but WOW is was fun. My buddy and I were at the range (private club) today shooting our S&W J frames and a fellow shows up with 1/2 dozen silenced weapons. Real nice guy and offered to let us shoot them. I'm thinking kool... till he opens this one case and there lies a full auto Cobray M-11 with a silencer on it. Boy, did I get excited at that point. That was one fun shooting weapon! Fun day at the range.....

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I shot a full-auto uzi and buy it was fun even though it quickly became and anti-aircraft weapon after about two rounds..lol

Administrator
    I like the Thompson... its to much fun. M1 carbines are lots of fun too.
    MP5's shoot very nicely, super easy to dump a mag in a 9" plate.

M4's are very easy too, but I'm tired of 'em. G18's are interesting... but worthless other than the "wow" factor.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I shot a full-auto uzi and buy it was fun even though it quickly became and anti-aircraft weapon after about two rounds..lol
    In high school I had the chance to shoot a .45acp grease gun. Had the same problem, too bad we only got one mag.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    In high school I had the chance to shoot a .45acp grease gun. Had the same problem, too bad we only got one mag.

At Air Force Boot camp, I got a seroius butt chewing for firing my M16 on full auto for a whole 4 rounds (the most we allowed to load into our mags). I said it was an accident...

Thasts my entire full auto experience.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

My full auto experience was bad

I now hate my full auto experience. When I go to the range, I shoot according to how much my budget will allow. $100 worth of ammo or $10? Well, when I shot the full auto (Uzi as well). It was so fun, my $75 dollar day went from that to just a hair over $200! I just had to do it again, and again. The money went so fast, that my trip was shorter than normal, which I could tolerate.

Sometimes it is the aftertaste that makes you dislike something. I ended up spending the money I had set aside for my wife's birthday. Like I said, will NEVER shoot a full auto again. Oh, the pain, and it still comes back to haunt me. Can't buy any gun related items without this reoccuring pain right in the butt.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I do agree, it will blow your ammo allowance very quickly, lol. And it is a good thing I don't own full auto. However.... after shooting his silenced .22 CZ rifle, my mind has started making plans.... LOL

Scottsdale Gun Club - Arizona

If you are in the mood to try a full auto gun, the Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale, AZ will rent you one to use on their range. They have 20 different models to choose from, but bring your checkbook.

Scottsdale Gun Club machine gun rentals

FN P90 in 5.7mm for rent:

H&K UMP in .40 S&W for rent:

Administrator
    I put a .22 conversion in a m4... that was fun and cheap
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've got a couple MP5s, Uzis, 3 MACs (powder Springs variety)
    a couple Thompsons, HK a Winchester 1918A2 BAR, HK53A3 and HK51A3, 3 beltfeds, a few other nifty MG items (a Ma Duce and other DDs) I've had a 93R and shot the Glock 18 from a fellow Dealer friend of mine TONS of fun to say the very least. If I weren't a prior SOT holder, I'd NEVER have the money to have these in my possesion. Rock-N-Roll stuff is plenty fun. I wish the prices would come down to a reasonable level so more people could own em.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    When I was stationed on Okinawa we picked one up on a EOD incident.

I had my neighbor (a SF armorer) check it out and he got me a couple mags. We then used it to "destroy" most of the .45 ammo we picked up, a lot more fun than the usual method of burning it!! (We also would tell folks we were trying to destroy the grease gun by wearing out the barrel! )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Shooting full-auto is always fun, especially when you're using someone else's ammo.

DON'T FORGET KNOB CREEK IS APRIL 13-15!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

The old grease gun was a hoot, and a great way to dispose of old ammo! Some great weapons were created in the name of wartime expediency, the Sten also coming to mind. Not elegant, but effective for the intended purpose.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Back when I went through a National Park Service academy, the instructors were all retired FBI agents. Range days were a hoot, AK-47, M-16, MP-5 and my favorite the Thompson. As long as you were willingto load mags you could shoot !! A few of us ended up with bloody thumbs from all the loading we did definately worth alittle pain!!
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be Happy" Ben Franklin

I have two SMGs (Reising M50 and a S&W 76) and a couple of suppressors/supressed guns. I may have more fun with, and certainly get more good from, the suppressors.

The SMGs are fun toys, and I enjoy their historical aspects, but some years I may only shoot them a couple of times.

On the other hand, probably my most often used gun is my suppressed Ruger 77-22 rifle.
    When I get a few minutes free, I can shoot a magazine or two from my deck and get some offhand practice in. I keep a pair of Newbold 4" diameter elastomer swinging targets at the edge of the woods (56 yards from the deck's rail) and pop at them. The neighbors never notice, and I don't even disturb anyone watching TV in our house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links