Blazer .22 ammo and a Sig Mosquito?

This is a discussion on Blazer .22 ammo and a Sig Mosquito? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I purchased a used Sig Misquito and have only put 350 rds in it before today all non-Blazer. Went home cleaned it. I went to ...

Thread: Blazer .22 ammo and a Sig Mosquito?

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Blazer .22 ammo and a Sig Mosquito?

I purchased a used Sig Misquito and have only put 350 rds in it before today all non-Blazer. Went home cleaned it.

I went to the indoor ranger with one mags worth of Winchester and two hundred Blazer .22. Every mag there was some Fail to fire, fail to eject, fail to feed with at least one round.

Has anyone had that kind of trouble with Blazers and the Mosquito?
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

2. Remove Ads

I don't know about the Mosquito, but at the Pistol Club I help run at school we just switched away from Blazer ammo because our S&W 41's seemed to jam up on it a lot, although it fed fine in Ruger Mark 2s. Sometimes .22's are just picky, there are tons of options on the market though, just fine one thats reliable for your pistol.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Cool

Blazer is pretty much a pollutant to any firearm, many of my friends and myself included have turned away from it, due to contamination. It's not worth the price if it induces a failure of anykind.
    Semper Fi

Sig Mosquito's can be pretty finicky, This may or not help it seems the better quality, more expensieve ammo like CCI Mini-Mags seem to work better. Using CCI I have Never had a problem with my Skeeter.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Administrator
    Yup, ditto to what the others already said.

Save the Blazer for bolt actions or single shots.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My Blazer experience

I can't really comment on Blazer .22, as I have never used it. But I have used quite a bit of centerfire Blazer pistol ammo over the last 5 years or so, in .45, .40 and 9mm. This is the product with aluminum cases instead of brass, and FMJ bullets. I have used it in perhaps 12 different semiauto guns from a variety of manufacturers, but mainly Colts, Kimbers, Glocks, Sigs and H&Ks.

I have never had any particular problem with it, and I think it functions as well as equivalent brass cased practice ammo, like Winchester white box, Remington UMC and Federal American Eagle, which I also use. The Blazer seems as accurate, and doesn't make the gun any dirtier than the other brands mentioned. None of my guns have failed to feed and eject the Blazer consistently.

I usually have bought it in 500 round quantities by mail order from Natchez in Tennessee or Cheaper than Dirt in Texas. The Blazer prices are attractive and that is why I use it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I can't really comment on Blazer .22, as I have never used it. But I have used quite a bit of centerfire Blazer pistol ammo over the last 5 years or so, in .45, .40 and 9mm. This is the product with aluminum cases instead of brass, and FMJ bullets. I have used it in perhaps 12 different semiauto guns from a variety of manufacturers, but mainly Colts, Kimbers, Glocks, Sigs and H&Ks.

I have never had any particular problem with it, and I think it functions as well as equivalent brass cased practice ammo, like Winchester white box, Remington UMC and Federal American Eagle, which I also use. The Blazer seems as accurate, and doesn't make the gun any dirtier than the other brands mentioned. None of my guns have failed to feed and eject the Blazer consistently.

I usually have bought it in 500 round quantities by mail order from Natchez in Tennessee or Cheaper than Dirt in Texas. The Blazer prices are attractive and that is why I use it.
    Blazer centerfire and rimfires are two different animals.
    The alum. cases work fine in my pistols too, except when the extractor rips a case.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links