Toy guns

This is a discussion on Toy guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw something on the news about toy guns and how real they look. Kids are carrying them I guess to make them feel cool. ...

Thread: Toy guns

VIP Member

Toy guns

Just saw something on the news about toy guns and how real they look. Kids are carrying them I guess to make them feel cool. They look like a semi auto and even have a clip and slide that works. The gun actually weighs about the same too. The manufacturers are required to put an orange end on it to show it's not real. Kida are painting over the orange. This is unbelievable to me that antone would even make such a thing..
    What they didnt say in the clip, and what struck me was. What would keep a BG from painting an orange end on his real gun to maybe fool somone into thinking it was fake, thus maybe getting a small advantage..?? Its a screwed up world......

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This is unbelievable to me that antone would even make such a thing..
    Be very, very cautious when you say something like that... Tomorrow you may very well hear those words about the AK/.454 Casull/"high capacity" handgun or whatever it is that you legally own and legally use but that someone else doesn't like the "looks" of.

The toy gun is an object, and has no inherent moral 'goodness' or 'evilness'. How it is used is the responsibility of the operator and/or his/her parents. It is a dangerous slope we teeter on when we start assigning moral judgements to objects based on their looks, IMHO.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

JD
    Administrator
    This is nothing new, I remember when toy guns DIDN'T have the orange caps.

My buddies dad made the most excellent toy guns from wood, Everything from 1911s to fullsize M60s. They looked completely real.

But then again we were tought NOT TO PLAY WITH GUNS where we shouldn't be playing with guns, we were also tought that if we were playing with guns and Policemen showed up to drop them like a hot rock.

Imagine that, teaching kids the right way to do things helps...

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    Probably the same reason they make baby dolls that look like real babies.

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post

Imagine that, teaching kids the right way to do things helps...

Hard to believe, but right and wrong aren't taught much anymore.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    It sounds to me like you're talking about airsoft guns. If so, one of the reasons someone would make such a thing (and why I would buy such a thing) is that they're a great training aid. Since the Simunitions folks don't want to sell to civilians, an airsoft gun is the most realistic tool available for force-on-force training. Even "toy guns" can be used for serious purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    It sounds to me like you're talking about airsoft guns. If so, one of the reasons someone would make such a thing (and why I would buy such a thing) is that they're a great training aid. Since the Simunitions folks don't want to sell to civilians, an airsoft gun is the most realistic tool available for force-on-force training. Even "toy guns" can be used for serious purposes.
    Ding ding!
    Guess I should add: These run right around $100, starting out. This is really nothing new- in the 70s and early 80s, there were several robbers who used cap/squirt guns to do their thing. Personal responsibility is what differentiates "Men" from "Morons".

VIP Member
    I understand the training need for this. I've heard of airsoft guns, never seen one. So I do understand why someone would make that.. (OK a dugh moment)...The news said kids are carrying them..Ivew also known that, what caught my attention was they looked and felt so real.. I understand the need for making it.
    Moderator you can close this thread.. I got my answrs, Thanks

Assistant Administrator
    Moderator you can close this thread.. I got my answers, Thanks
    Request granted.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links