How anti's see people like us

This is a discussion on How anti's see people like us within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11534890/detail.html I have to say, I'm embarassed to even be in the same state as this moron. The video about made me leap through the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How anti's see people like us

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

How anti's see people like us

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11534890/detail.html

I have to say, I'm embarassed to even be in the same state as this moron. The video about made me leap through the monitor.

Father Shows Toddler How To Use AK-47
    Manager Of Westbank Pawn Shop Takes Gun Away From Child

POSTED: 12:11 pm EDT April 5, 2007
    UPDATED: 1:18 pm EDT April 5, 2007

GRETNA, La. -- Pawnshop manager Dan Reese said he never thought he'd see a diaper-clad 2-year-old holding an AK-47.

But that's exactly what happened inside BJ's Pawn Shop on the Westbank, Reese said.

The toddler's father gave him the gun and proceeded to show the child how to hold, load and operate it.

"He's telling the boy, 'This is how you hold it, like this. Anybody in front of you, you can mow them down. Kill everybody, soldier, because daddy's going to buy you this chopper,' repeating it over and over," Reese said.

The store's surveillance video also shows the father and son marching around the store, showcasing the weapon.

With an assault rifle slung over the toddler's shoulder, Reese said he drew the line, took away the weapon and shut the gun case.

According to Reese, the father got angry and wanted to fight, but he never got the man's name.

Reese also said he'll sell AK-47s only to police officers now.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee said he was concerned about the incident but said that the father didn't break any laws.
    Guys like this are the ones that screw the rest of us over.

Now he'll "only sell to police officers" huh? I wonder how long till he breaks that promise, when faced with his business drying up.

2. Remove Ads

He didn't do anything against the law??? I can think of a few he broke.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Assistant Administrator
    Unbelievable!!

Sadly there are and will be always idiots like that father around ..... and it is those of his ilk that will be spotted by media and given all the bad press we fight so hard to prevent.

There is not much polite that can be said to comment about this.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Too bad Idiocy isn't against the law. Maybe he's a Jihadi. That's how they raise their kids.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Thumbs down "The Man With No Brain..."

The video is now out!

No common sense, and passing that trait on to his son...pretty sad. That gene pool needs a better 'filter'...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Sounds like the manager did right in taking the gun away. But why did he have to go and put it on the news? Certainly didn't help anyone by doing that.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Personally, I would have taken the gun away as soon as the father handed the gun to the kid in the first place. I have taken guns away from idiots like this in the past, and will likely do so again in the future.

I understand that the manager was busy at the time, but the clerk should have taken it, or motioned for assistance if she felt the guy would have been an issue.

I had one moron ask for one of my pistols out of the showcase. Up until this point he and his friend had both been level headed and polite. When he recieved the weapon the first thing he did was hit the slide stop, turn the gun sideways and point into the store saying something to the effect of he could have those other N's running scared, and then dryfiring the weapon making some sound like "Ka-kow".

I couldn't get the words out fast enough. "Give me the damn gun and get out."

He looks at me and said something like Dawg, I was just playing. (Of course this was said in the urban street language and tone.)

I simply closed the case and went about taking care of other business. His buddy came back a couple of days later and apologized for the others actions.

I wanted to choke the snot out of that 'hole. I still get worked up when I think about it.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Why did the manager let it the situation get this far out of hand. When I am looking at firearms there is always an attendant present. They just don't hand you an AK and then walk off.

The manager or attendant should have put a stop to this moronathon as soon as the guy handed the gun to the kid.

You don't get a cookie for "drawing the line", you get rap on the jaw for letting this idiot get as far as he did.

HMMM free press though.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

All I can say is this father (used lightly here) must have been dropped on his head when he was in dippers.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Unbelievable!!

Sadly there are and will be always idiots like that father around ..... and it is those of his ilk that will be spotted by media and given all the bad press we fight so hard to prevent.

There is not much polite that can be said to comment about this.
    Chris, you want to bet the moron didn't have a carry permit. You get this kind of stuff from people that really don't have a clue. Like the people that want a "mean" dog for protection. Lots of difference between protective and mean.

I really hate what the shop keep said at the end about only selling to LEOs. Just b/c some street scum acts stupid with a gun he is now going to punish other civilians.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    "Its so easy a child could use it, and they do." Nicholas Cage, Lord Of War.

The father was a complete idiot, and should never be allowed to enter another pawn shop or gun store ever again.

Thumbs down Don't let it multiply.

Is this for real? If so the father should have the AK 47 shoved up where the sun don't shine. They should have the father fixed so he can't have any more kids. We don't want this jerk to multiply.

Senior Moderator
    This is why classes are needed to CCW
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links