Shot a Glock this weekend

This is a discussion on Shot a Glock this weekend within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I carry a Springfield .45 and went to the range yesterday to shoot a box or two thru it. While I was there, I figured ...

Thread: Shot a Glock this weekend

I carry a Springfield .45 and went to the range yesterday to shoot a box or two thru it. While I was there, I figured I would rent a Glock 21 .45 to see how it compared. I noticed right off that the glock ejected the brass more towards me than my springfield. Is this common? I actually had a couple find their way down the front of my sweatshirt. Inside my tucked in tee shirt no less. Not all that pleasant. The springfield tosses them well off to the right. Other than that, it shot well. Comments?

How did the grip feel to you? Was it comfortable or did it feel akward? I had a G21 for awhile and could never get used to the grip, however I absolutely love my Glock 9mm's. I can't say I ever had a prob. with the brass hitting me though. I have yet to hold one of the new slimmer G21's, maybe that would fit me better.
    Nick.

Lead Moderator
    May be ammo related or a bad gun. Most Glocks do not have this problem.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Rental guns are not all that great for providing an example of all the minor details. They are beat and rarely taken care of.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Where the empty case lands can be somewhat tuned using recoil springs, and tuning the extractor and ejector.

as said most dont do that if they grip wasnt so huge they might not be so bad one reason why my 10mm isnt as fun as it could be its like holding a 2x4 not the 9's are not bad

but neither of the 2 though the brass more towards me they both are the same as my 1911's

My G21, and G30 will eject the brass towards my face with some ammo more than others.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by NFEDERIC View Post
    How did the grip feel to you? Was it comfortable or did it feel akward? (cut)...I have yet to hold one of the new slimmer G21's, maybe that would fit me better.
    I held one of the new 21's the other day. It did fit better, and was more comfortable, but I still can't seem to get used to a Glock.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

At the risk of being flamed by the Glock Cheer leaders, I just am not comfortable the that trigger, Try a HK USP next.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    At the risk of being flamed by the Glock Cheer leaders, I just am not comfortable the that trigger, Try a HK USP next.
    No flames from me. The world would be a boring place if we all liked exactly the same thing. To each his own. Just don't flame me for liking that trigger and we'll be just fine.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Does that make you a USP cheerleader?
    If you would have left out the first half of the sentence, you wouldn't invite flaming or any remarks at all.

That's not typical of Glocks. At the range I shoot at, it's a good idea to take the slide off and tap it on the table to get some of the caked on residue out of the rental Glocks. They don't get cleaned much (never) and the extractor is usually covered in the same stuff. I've had some brass thrown my way with a rental G20.

My 23 launches them with great gusto to the right. Sometimes they land 10 to 15 feet from where I am standing.

I have never had it send one towards me at all. I suspect that since you were shooting a range gun rental, and those are seldom cleaned, that it was dirty and this problem would be reduced or eliminated completely if the gun was given a good cleaning.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Does that make you a USP cheerleader?
    If you would have left out the first half of the sentence, you wouldn't invite flaming or any remarks at all.
    Oh I don't know about that over the years I have met some Glock A Holics that for them is is almost a religion, if you were to put them in a room full of 1911 Freaks we could re enact the civil war over the which is best battle. Me I like all guns... however I just happen to like some more than others. One more thing just list me as a general "Gun O Holic"... right next to chocolate, but then you do not get fat after spending a day at the shooting range.
    Last edited by Sheldon J; April 17th, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Glock Grip...

I usually carry a 1911 (Kimber)...and I did not like Glocks. They felt like a brick in my hand...until...I held a Glock-36 (single stack)...had to get one...

Give the G-36 a try, you'll like it!

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links