Glock 21 vs. Glock 30

Glock 21 vs. Glock 30

This is a discussion on Glock 21 vs. Glock 30 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am interested to hear what you guys like/dislike about either model. I am thinking about buying a Glock .45 but not sure if I ...

Thread: Glock 21 vs. Glock 30

Glock 21 vs. Glock 30

I am interested to hear what you guys like/dislike about either model. I am thinking about buying a Glock .45 but not sure if I would want the subcompact or not, any info would be great...thanks!

Maybe this will help........dimensions of the pistols.......

Glock 21 ... length 7.59 in X height 5.47 in X width 1.27 in

Glock 30 ... length 6.77 in X height 4.76 in X width 1.27 in

Another thing to consider is the Glock 38 in the newer GAP cartridge
    ... length 6.85 in X height 5.00 in X width 1.18 in ...

Which happens to be the same size as my G23 & i believe it to be the perfect size (my opinion) but if u are going to carry it the smaller one is best (again my opinion) the G21 just too damn big!! But before u commit to say the G30 check out the G38 that extra 1/4 in may be very comfortable on your hands......One other thing of course magazine capacity......G38 (8) rounds....G21 (10/13)...G30 (9/10)

Hope this helps & your choosing a great line of guns enjoy!!!!

Haven't experienced the G21 yet, but I carry a G30 daily, sometimes for 18-20 hours at a time. Absolutely love it! Am looking into buying another one soon. The G30 is a solid chunk of gun, 11 rounds of .45acp in your hand with more at the ready. Mine eats anything I feed it, and hits what I'm pointing at. The only problem I've had with the G30 is holster selection is a little slim. I carry in a Galco USA, IWB "tuckable" and it works great. I carried a Berreta 92F Centurian for about 3 years and a G17 for 10 years and have been carrying the G30 for about 6 months now and am much more comfortable with the G30 than either one of the others.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

I am not going to be carrying this gun, which is why I am even considering the G21. I kind of like the idea of a big gun because I have large hands, and sometimes I find it hard to have a very comfortable grip on a subcompact. But function-wise I was wondering if anyone had seen any difference between the two

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    By the 21 with the mags over 10 right now cause you can always go back and get a 30 later and you may not be able to get the 21 mags.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I have both, and till I got a IWB the G30 was more comfortable to carry all day.

The G21 is an all day shooter.

G30 I can only run about 200 rounds before I have to give it a rest.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

I have never owned a G30, but I have had the 10mm twins to compare- the 20 and 29. Same size and shape as the 45ACP 21/30. I had a 21 for a while.

For me, the smaller gun was better. I could shoot the smaller gun easier, and always could. The grip feels different to me on the two guns. While the big gun's grip was a terrible fit for me, the smaller gun was OK. That is what made the difference to me.

So my advice is to try them and pick the one that fits your hand best.

I find the G21 just a little too big and bulky for me,others think it's just fine. There are two G30's in the family,and although they are wide guns they are more comfortable for me than the full size 21.
    I can say that it is one of the softest shooting 45's ever,and very accurate for it's size.

Another happy G30 guy here. It has become one of my all time favorite .45's. It is easier to carry than the larger G21. It is also just as accurate as it's full size cousin. For that matter, it's accuracy rivals my SA 1911.

The G30 is a chunky little powerhouse that does it all for both range use and CCW.

Sponsored Links