Roanoke Firearms (the place that sold the murderer his firearms) needs help!

This is a discussion on Roanoke Firearms (the place that sold the murderer his firearms) needs help! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like they have taken down their website ( http://www.roanokefirearms.com/ ) and have left the following in it's place (those who live close enough needs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roanoke Firearms (the place that sold the murderer his firearms) needs help!

Looks like they have taken down their website (http://www.roanokefirearms.com/) and have left the following in it's place (those who live close enough needs to get down to that place and buy something! Let's let them know we support them fully! We can't let them stand alone!:

Website Is Temporarily Down

Note from all of us at Roanoke Firearms:

To those of you who came to this site to send messages of encouragement -- we appreciate your concern, kindness, and goodwill. We are as troubled by this trajedy as much as anyone, except, of course, those who lost friends or loved ones,

and your words of support mean a great deal to us.

To those of you who came here to send hateful emails -- you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how misguided and inappropriate it may be. How many of you called the company who sold Timothy McVeigh the diesel fuel or fertilizer he

used to make the bomb in Oklahoma City, or the company who rented him the Ryder truck? Should we outlaw diesel fuel and trucks? How many of you read about a drunk driver who crosses the center line and kills a family, then call the

dealership who sold him the car? Should we outlaw automobiles? If we ban silverware, do you think there would be no more obesity?

One individual bears the responsibility for the heinous acts committed at Virginia Tech, and that is Cho Seung-Hui. If you think otherwise, you have not thought this through. Please be adult enough to reach out and help

someone in need, rather than leaving anonymous, vitriolic emails on our site.

God bless us all.

Website Updated April 18, 2007 @ 18:00
    Last edited by gregma; April 19th, 2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Re-structuring the quoting...

You are not at fault. You did what was required. Had the people at the school saw to it that this man's mental condition was made a public record then you would not have sold the guns to him. It is their fault. I can see the gun grabbers saying you should have an on call psychiatrist to analyze all customers though. I wish I lived there I would certainly be a customer.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Man, it's a 2-1/2 drive for me, but I'm feeling the need to buy some ammo, or something. Anyone around Richmond want to make a trip?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    I'm with ya. When I see them on the news making a big deal out of where he bought the guns, it makes my blood boil. He bought them legally. We can't put the blame on you for making a legal sale to a guy with no priors.
    One idiot out of thousands of legal sales decides to go bazzerk and they have to make an issue out of it hours after the shooting.

Gregma,

Restructure your posting to include quote tags so that the statement your are quoting is more understandable in content.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Gregma,

Restructure your posting to include quote tags so that the statement your are quoting is more understandable in content.

- Janq
    Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks!
    Greg

VIP Member
    I will be passing through Roanoke in July. Since I have an FFL and can buy where ever I am, I may just have to buy a firearm at Roanoke Firearms.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Like I said before. Instead of those in charge doing something to stop this from happening again, they go on a witch hunt and try to smear those people who did nothing wrong.

Anyone know if they sell NFA down there(looking for a can - Gotta love tax returns)? I was planning on looking around up here in NoVA this weekend, but am considering driving down there just to give them the business and support.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Assistant Administrator
    I can just imagine the hateful and vitriolic messages he must have gotten.

Hopefully the gun community will stand behind him and still keep his business going .... he should bear a total zero when it comes to any blame but well - we all know how the anti's behave
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    I tried to go to the website to order something, like glasses or some cleaning supplies, but found the message posted here. I dont even know if they do any web based stuff, but it was worth the try.
    I am sure the anti's have shown their pale sides in the emails sent.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I might be driving through that area next month, if so I will make point of stopping and shopping.

1943 - 2009
    In typical fashion, the networks, especially CBS, have been crucifying this poor guy.

I hope he can weather the storm.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

To Roanoke Firearms

Roanoke Firearms:

Assuming you followed the required steps for the background check and no alarm bells went off during the purchase, you have done all you can as a dealer of firearms. Guns are indeed tools, like anything else. They can be used or abused. The fault and blame rides on the head of one mass murderer for the massacre at Virginia Tech, nobody else. Hold your heads high as you continue the fight to ensure law-abiding citizens have the tools they need to withstand violent attacks that occur every day around the country. Hold your heads high!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If I was anywhere near there, I would go out of my way to give him some business.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links