a question for Ruger folks...

This is a discussion on a question for Ruger folks... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been planning on buying a Mark III pretty soon, but while at my local store today to get some ammo and other things, ...

Thread: a question for Ruger folks...

I have been planning on buying a Mark III pretty soon, but while at my local store today to get some ammo and other things, I saw that they had a used Mark II for $155. I need some help, I learned how to shoot on one of these guns, and would like to be able to go to the range and not spend so much money on ammo, but I don't know which is better, the used Mark II or a new Mark III for less than $100 more. Any thoughts?

I have a Slab side MKII in SS with a Halo site N it is a great gun, a great shooter, but this all depends on what you want the MKII or MKIII for N you did not say which particular one you are looking at and that makes a big difference, so at 155 they may be giving MKII away that is if it is one of the target models. One more thing you may want to look here... http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23853
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I just bought a stainless Mk III Hunter. I really like it, but the only differences between the Mk II and the Mk II are that the Mk III has a loaded chamber indicator, internal lock, and the mag release is in the 1911 position instead of at the base of the grip as in the Mk II. As much as I like my Mk III, I have had several Mk IIs in the past and never had any problems with them.

Save your money, get the Mk II and use the extra $ to spring for a Volquartsen accuracy kit, and some new springs. Then you'll be really happy with it.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

thanks for the input, that is kinda what I was wondering. I knew about the differences between the II and III (magazine release etc...) but these things don't matter that much to me being that this would be recreation/range gun. I was just wondering if there was anything you guys knew that I didn't about the differences, but it sounds like the II might be a good choice.

p85
    I bought the mk III a couple of months ago. Bull barrel target model. I really enjoy shooting it. But I would have to agree with the others, buy the mkII and extra ammo with what you save. You cant go wrong with the mk II either

Administrator
    Yup, I have both. The 3 just has some silly feel good features mentioned above. I'd buy the 2 and a bunch of mags with the left over money.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Buy the MK II the MK III is a pain to take apart and put back together because of the mag safety

Another vote for the MkII. And just so you guys know, I just realized you can put together a mag from the Ruger parts in Midway and Brownells for 1/2 the price of ordering the mag itself (assembled) -$11 vs $18-22.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Another vote for the MkII. And just so you guys know, I just realized you can put together a mag from the Ruger parts in Midway and Brownells for 1/2 the price of ordering the mag itself (assembled) -$11 vs $18-22.
    Shhh, dont let the cat outta the bag, they will raise prices then!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Another vote for the MkII ! I've got two of em and wasn't impressed with a MkIII that I was excited to take for a test drive.

Sponsored Links