New Gun for Me! "The Judge" Taurus 4410

This is a discussion on New Gun for Me! "The Judge" Taurus 4410 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, folks, I did it. I've been wanting one for over a year now, to take with on my (less frequent than I'd like) trips ...

Thread: New Gun for Me! "The Judge" Taurus 4410

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

Well, folks, I did it.

I've been wanting one for over a year now, to take with on my (less frequent than I'd like) trips to the woods.

A Taurus 4410- with which to smite snakes.

I revised a custody decree last year for a buddy of mine, and I thought he was going to get one and give it to me as compensation. He gave me another very fine revolver instead.

But since the weather has warmed (see another post by me about turkey hunting, submitted this evening), I can tell the snakes will be out in the turkey woods.

And they'll be out in the woods during squirrel season, too (starts May 15). And they won't be far from the dove fields come September 1.

And wounded deer will still have to be finished off (that's why "The Judge" also conveniently shoots .45 LC).

So after killing the first turkey of the year (See id.), I called my favorite local gun dealer and asked if he had any 4410's in stock.

I was on my cell phone, so I couldn't hear clearly- -I thought he said "no", but he said "three".

So I asked him to hold one for me until Saturday (which I was thinking was the soonest I could get there). He did- I'm a good customer.

But I just said "heckwithit", and dropped by the store on my way home, dirty and smelly though I was. He didn't care.

I gave the old credit card a workout, but I am very happy.

"The Judge" is ready serpents as of tomorrow (my daughter has a lot of .410 ammo lying about).

Pics and range report to follow when time allows.

Red-letter day for me folks.

I hope each and every one of you have more days like I have had today than you can ever count.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Way cool Randy. I'd love to get some spread pattern data with different loads and distances. I'm generally a believer in "have one weapon and master it," but I've wondered if there might be a place on the nightstand for "The Judge" in case my aim were off a bit while groggy. A plus if I'm in the woods a happen across a squirrel or bunny (not sure what a 9mmJHP would do to a squirrel)
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Well, folks, I did it.

I've been wanting one for over a year now, to take with on my (less frequent than I'd like) trips to the woods.

A Taurus 4410- with which to smite snakes.

I revised a custody decree last year for a buddy of mine, and I thought he was going to get one and give it to me as compensation. He gave me another very fine revolver instead.

But since the weather has warmed (see another post by me about turkey hunting, submitted this evening), I can tell the snakes will be out in the turkey woods.

And they'll be out in the woods during squirrel season, too (starts May 15). And they won't be far from the dove fields come September 1.

And wounded deer will still have to be finished off (that's why "The Judge" also conveniently shoots .45 LC).

So after killing the first turkey of the year (See id.), I called my favorite local gun dealer and asked if he had any 4410's in stock.

I was on my cell phone, so I couldn't hear clearly- -I thought he said "no", but he said "three".

So I asked him to hold one for me until Saturday (which I was thinking was the soonest I could get there). He did- I'm a good customer.

But I just said "heckwithit", and dropped by the store on my way home, dirty and smelly though I was. He didn't care.

I gave the old credit card a workout, but I am very happy.

"The Judge" is ready serpents as of tomorrow (my daughter has a lot of .410 ammo lying about).

Pics and range report to follow when time allows.

Red-letter day for me folks.

I hope each and every one of you have more days like I have had today than you can ever count.
    Neat idea, don't carry it in dove or duck season.

Randy, I have one also. I bought it from RJ'S IN Broken Arrow. I love it. 6 inch barrel and nice stainless finish for me. What did you get? [Neighbor]

Assistant Administrator
    Nice purchase Randy - it will nicely ''expand'' your options

"Judge Randy'' - has a nice ring to it
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Nice Snag...

I have been thinking about a 'snake gun'...

"I got's to know...does it kick, or not?"

I be waiting for the pic's and report...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

It Took Two Months, But I Finally Shot It Today

Yup, two months after buying it, I got an invite to a home-made IDPA shoot with a great bunch of guys today, and finally got the chance to shoot the Judge.

Folks, it's a hoot. That's about the most I can say about it. It's a fun, fun gun.

I didn't take any pics, but it is an IMPRESSIVE shooter. At 5-10 yards it will fill an IDPA full-face frontal target up with No. 4's. At close range, the 000 buckshot is just plain scary. Some say you can't count on it to fill up a doorway with lead. Well, in my experience, friends, it can. For up close and personal work- anything from contact distance to arm's length to 10 yards it is a lethal, highly destructive weapon. At those ranges it wouldn't matter what you loaded it with, but 000's are pretty impressive.

It'll double as a close-range bird or rabbit gun and do pretty well. One of the gentlemen with whom I shot today tried his (pretty good) hand at shooting some cans out of the air with it, and made the cans beg for mercy.

It would be the Hammer of Thor on snakes, too, folks.

And it grouped far better than I thought it would with .45 LC's. It shot a one-inch group at 10 yards (with one flyer).

I love this gun and highly recommend it.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

VIP Member
    Good deal, Randy. We have had one since last August and have enjoyed shooting it. It is also my wife's house gun. We have a rather unusual one. The big distributor Sports South ordered some specially made with a 4" barrel. We like the 4". We are still experimenting with ammo. Right now we keep 3 000 and 2 .45 jhp in it. The 000s will come up first. I have some #6 that I got a week or so ago and we will probably try that out this weekend.

We were both pleasantly surprised by the mild recoil and the excellent accuracy with the .45 rounds. If I could find a Taurus revolver that was as accurate with the .45Colts I'd buy one in a minute.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

First saw it on PDTV... I think it would be a wicked home defense gun as well as good snake gun.

Seems everyone who has one loves it.

Anyone try .410 slugs through it yet?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Every time I see one in the gun case I think "Man that thing is cool." I'll have to buy one sometime. Glad ya like it, give those snakes heck.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    I want one too, but it is way down the list.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Cool

I guess I'll have to add it to my list.

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

Sponsored Links