We Need alot less of these idiots

This is a discussion on We Need alot less of these idiots within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun limits would make rampage less likely Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:34 AM Stricter gun control is needed. Without the gun, the killer at the ...

Thread: We Need alot less of these idiots

We Need alot less of these idiots

Gun limits would make rampage less likely Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:34 AM

Stricter gun control is needed. Without the gun, the killer at the Virginia Tech campus is nothing but a loner who might not have been able to inflict big damage so easily.

Some argued guns don't kill, people do. This argument is total nonsense. The government regulates cars and drivers. And the United Nations forbids proliferation of nuclear weapons. The 21st century is no pioneer era. There is no need to own a gun to defend oneself that way anymore. The gun is designed to kill.

The semiautomatic is truly a weapon of mass destruction. A knife can kill only one or two people in quite a struggle. A gun can kill many in a very short time. There should be no sale and no ownership of guns in this country.

As for hunters, they should rent their rifles or shotguns through an authorized sports agency.

J.C. YANG Columbus
    Who wants to bet these idiots will be out in full force when the Presidential elections are in full swing. I think the First amendment is an awesome right, but man these morons push the limit every chance they get. When I think of the people here in my area who hunt for food even more than sport. If a fee was charged for these people to do what I call "forest shopping" their kids would do without alot of meals pretty darn often.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Umm... right.

If that's the case, then someone should suggest that every civilized country get together and burn every single weapon they own.

Of course, then the people who don't give a crap about laws (terrorists, criminals, etc.) would then have the ONLY weapons, and therefore, rule the world.

Just another dumb liberal who refuses to accept reality. We don't carry concealed because we WANT to shoot anybody, just so that we can stop someone shooting us!
    Last edited by P95Carry; April 20th, 2007 at 10:58 PM.

without access to a gun, he could have went to dollar tree an bought a very big knife for $1... or bought a machette at Walmart...

pretty effective too, just check out how well they worked in Rwanda...

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aph1979 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
    I'm pretty sure he's been castrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    Gun limits would make rampage less likely Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:34 AM

Stricter gun control is needed. Without the gun, the killer at the Virginia Tech campus is nothing but a loner who might not have been able to inflict big damage so easily.

Some argued guns don't kill, people do. This argument is total nonsense. The government regulates cars and drivers. And the United Nations forbids proliferation of nuclear weapons. The 21st century is no pioneer era. There is no need to own a gun to defend oneself that way anymore. The gun is designed to kill.

The semiautomatic is truly a weapon of mass destruction. A knife can kill only one or two people in quite a struggle. A gun can kill many in a very short time. There should be no sale and no ownership of guns in this country.

As for hunters, they should rent their rifles or shotguns through an authorized sports agency.

J.C. YANG Columbus
    Who wants to bet these idiots will be out in full force when the Presidential elections are in full swing. I think the First amendment is an awesome right, but man these morons push the limit every chance they get. When I think of the people here in my area who hunt for food even more than sport. If a fee was charged for these people to do what I call "forest shopping" their kids would do without alot of meals pretty darn often.
    I absolutely agree with the forest shopping thing...I don't have any problems getting by, but I do actually have relatives that just about completely sustain themselves via "forest shopping". She just doesn't make enough money to feed her family since her husband died and doesn't like to take money from anyone else, but for the most part she actually does pretty well on her own with a garden and hunting (in other words...ANY meat on their table was provided via the business end of a rifle) and the rest is home grown.

I have to admit, I would really like to take the oportunity to put that dingbat in a room with 30 people, take a FAKE(read training) knife and see how many times he looses count of the bodies hitting the floor before he can even blink..."A knife can kill only one or two people in quite a struggle" --MY @R$E! Do you think any of these folks realize how many people are killed by drivers of CARS or are they really that stupid?

That guy is so lost I don't know where to begin.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Didnt we loose a bunch of people a few years back when terrorist took over planes using boxcutters? So, wouldnt that make boxcutters the number one WMD on US soil?

That is just another example of the mindset that is driven into society now....very sad indeed and it must end.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I was thinking the same thing, sure a Marine armed with a knife against another Marine (or equivalent) would be a short fight, even if the latter was unarmed. Unarmed combat is not however something that the masses have a grasp on, especially in most gun-free zones.
    Give a madman a knife, hammer, even a heavy ashtray in a room full of normal people and he will tear them up. He doesn't need the gun.
    We need the gun to stop him, that is the argument that is being misunderstood.
    Go ahead, call 911, they will respond as fast as they can, but it always seems a really long wait if you made that call, I would not want to make that wait while bleeding to death.

The gun is designed to kill.
    Damned right it is. Justifiably so. It's the whole point of the tool, to use when little else will serve.

The semiautomatic is truly a weapon of mass destruction.
    A handgun is, by almost any definition, a close-in and personal type of weapon. It sucks beyond a few dozen yards for most folks. Any battlefield firefight of two or more people will quickly show how underpowered and limiting a handgun truly is ... no matter how the action is cycled.

J.C. YANG Columbus
    Like millions of others who simply refuse to think scenarios through to conclusion, this person has a learning disorder. When plummeting from 5000ft, only a parachute will do. When faced with an armed intruder, often only a gun will get the job done.

Life is the ultimate "game" of rock-paper-scissors, and criminals are out to win. Even if it kills us. Screw that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thumbs down Why Was The Gun Shop Not Notified ????

The gun laws were already in effect to keep a gun away from this fruit cake. This would have been enough to make him eneligible to buy a gun. Why didn't the gun shop get the required information. Some body didn't pass on the information about him stalking the two girls. This alone should have alerted someone. When he was taken in for his mental evalueation and was found to be a danger to himself and others the sheriff and the school should have been notified and he should have been comitted on the spot. maybe HIPPA kept the informatiom from getting to the right people. IF this is true the HIPPA rules need ro be changed .

Cars are regulated in the U.S.? That is true. However, cars are not a protected right in a little document called the Constitution. But getting rid of cars would inconveniance the left, so it's a non-issue. It's funny how on the one hand liberals can so fully embrace freedom of speech(usually via emotionally induced diarrhea of the mouth), and on the other hand so brutally attack the freedom that makes it possible.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    The gun laws were already in effect to keep a gun away from this fruit cake. This would have been enough to make him eneligible to buy a gun. Why didn't the gun shop get the required information. Some body didn't pass on the information about him stalking the two girls. This alone should have alerted someone. When he was taken in for his mental evalueation and was found to be a danger to himself and others the sheriff and the school should have been notified and he should have been comitted on the spot. maybe HIPPA kept the informatiom from getting to the right people. IF this is true the HIPPA rules need ro be changed .
    Not picking on you Tom, but evidently many people are not getting the information. The judge who sent Cho for evaluation has stated: "Only if I order them into a hospital is there any effect on their gun rights." He did not make such an order. For more info see this thread
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23848 Especially see the last post.

We need to drop this idea. It has been clearly shown that the gun purchases were legal and that there was nothing missing from the record. If we want to blame someone for this man having firearms there is more than enough to go around. Try the VT administration who did nothing, the two young ladies who did not press charges, the judge who sent him for evaluation and did not commit him, the staff who evaluated him and found nothing wrong. But let's not blame a system that did exactly what it was supposed to do and that had exactly the info it was supposed to have. If one of the people involved had had the backbone to stand up then the killer would have had to get his weapons illegally. The system is not flawed and it cannot be held responsible for the failures of others.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links