Gonna buy a GLOCK 22 today -- what price should I expect?

This is a discussion on Gonna buy a GLOCK 22 today -- what price should I expect? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi. I made a decision that I am going to buy a GLOCK 22 today. (Decision was made Saturday night, actually.) I'm about to google ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna buy a GLOCK 22 today -- what price should I expect?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Question Gonna buy a GLOCK 22 today -- what price should I expect?

Hi. I made a decision that I am going to buy a GLOCK 22 today. (Decision was made Saturday night, actually.)

I'm about to google "Glock 22 price" and see what they are going for. If anyone here has knowledge of what a typical retail price would be, and what a decent "negotiated" price would be, and what a "great bargain" price would be -- on a new GLOCK 22 -- would you mind posting with that information please?

Thanks.

Background: I already have a GLOCK 27 and have wanted the "big daddy" for a while. Now that there are intimations that high-capacity guns might be under threat of banning again, I figure, "Why not now?"

Plus, this is my statement, in the wake of recent events, that I will not allow wrongheaded "blame-the-gun" idiocy to cause me to be ashamed to buy guns.

Just like the torrent of sales that followed the announcement of the '94 ban, I figure on helping the firearms rights movement by adding myself to the buyers now.

2. Remove Ads

Well, it seems like that a GLOCK 22 runs about $500-600 on average, with the ones selling for closer to $600 sometimes equipped with night sights or tactical lights.

I'm hoping that since I met the shop owner through SACFLA, maybe I'll be offered a really square deal. He seems like a good guy, and we're, well, brethren.

Off I go! (Of course, the gun will have to be ordered, so sadly, I won't be coming home with it today.)

With prices varying so much based on regional locations it's really hard to say. I usually browse through GunsAmerica or Gunbroker to get a general idea of retail prices in the current market, it's not perfect but it's usually close to my local gunshop prices.
    Jack

Sounds like the average price range for most Glocks around here.
    I'm currently paying off my first Glock (G19) and I'm already trying to decide what my next will be - probably either a second G19 or a G26 but I'm also interested in the G30, G20 and G32.
    Jack

jmc
    It'd cost you 549.00 in my area.
    Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

kpw
    $489 to $599 around here. It pays to shop around. I've had 2 G22s and I'm sure I'll have a 3rd someday soon. There is a like new one at a local shop with Meps for $469.

I just got back from the shop; got a price of $529 + tax. I put down $300 and the gun will be in on Wednesday for me to pick up.

Yes, I bought it site-unseen because I know the gun and it was not in stock. The shop is not a very large one, not a lot of stocked guns. The owner will order it tomorrow and it will be here overnight.

I think $529 is a fair price. I also ordered two additional magazines (so I'll have four). I also already have two magazines to fit that gun, which I use at the range for my G27.

I am pretty eager to finally have a full sized Glock!

Are you gonna go OD Green?

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I just got back from the shop; got a price of $529 + tax. I put down $300 and the gun will be in on Wednesday for me to pick up.

Yes, I bought it site-unseen because I know the gun and it was not in stock. The shop is not a very large one, not a lot of stocked guns. The owner will order it tomorrow and it will be here overnight.

I think $529 is a fair price. I also ordered two additional magazines (so I'll have four). I also already have two magazines to fit that gun, which I use at the range for my G27.

I am pretty eager to finally have a full sized Glock!
    That's better than most places around here. Congrats on the new pistola. Your gonna like it!

I've got a good holster for sale that will fit that new Glock...

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    You got a good average price. I won't pay more than $550 for a glock. In fact all of the glocks I have purchase have been less than $500 except the Glock 20 I bought last year, that was $549. The only reason I paid that much is because the 10mm are harder to find.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    Retail dealer cost is right around $440. add ten percent, 489.95 and there is your fair price.
    "Just blame Sixto"

$409 out the door at our local gun store if you are Military or LEO.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by osanmike View Post
    $409 out the door at our local gun store if you are Military or LEO.
    Glock will sell them direct to you for 398.20 with three mags, LEO/Military only.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    I've got a good holster for sale that will fit that new Glock...
    Thank you for the offer, but I've already obtained a Fobus paddle holster. I use one with my 27, and I like it. Easy on-and-off, good retention, good access, reasonably comfortable. I don't really expect to be carrying the 22 much (although that might change when I start to think more about the 15+1 capacity, over the 27's 9+1 . . .)

As far as OD Green . . . Nah, I'm not much for that. I'm stickin' with black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links