460 Rowland or 10mm?

• 460 Rowland (Glock 21 donor)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 10mm (Glock 20)

Votes: 13 72.2%

460 Rowland or 10mm?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  103830 
#1 ·
Well I am kind of being responsible. I am rolling over a 401K and figured I might as well keep some of the money for a new firearm. Yes I understand the penalties and all of that stuff, but I also understand a 460 Rowland or another 10mm would be great. I do reload so ammo cost is not a problem, and I figured in the cost of 1000 casings. Id either get another Glock 20 (3rd gen) or get a Glock 21 (3rd gen) as a donor gun for the 460 Rowland.

What would you do? And no I'm not getting any 1911 based guns, Im sticking with Glocks, due to capacity and reliability. And no I do not like Springfield.

#3 ·
I really wanted a 460 Rowland. The more research I conducted made me realize the 44 magnum was still a better option so I bought another 44 magnum instead. What is your intended use? Many of the Rowland guys use double mag springs which cuts your capacity by a couple rounds.

#4 ·
I got a couple 44 mags sitting around, Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 4 5/8ths inch barrel and a S&w 629 with a 6 inch. I was thinking along the lines for a back up for bear hunting, carrying a 44 mag on your hip all day is not enjoyable. Been carrying the Glock 20 on my hip without any issues.

#5 ·
The .460 Rowland is based on the .45 ACP cartridge. Basically it gives you almost 44 magnum statistics out of a .45 ACP. The barrel swap is needed because the Rowland is a 1/16" longer to prevent the .460 Rowland cartridges from entering into a standard chambered .45 acp.

So, a simple barrel change in your Government model is all it takes. The concept has merit, you can pack a smaller gun with magnum performance.

Several guys around here use them for hunting pigs, with good results. The only real issue is that unless you reload, there really isn't much ammo around and if you do find it, its expensive.

#9 ·
I went to the gun store Friday to figure out what I was gonna do. They ended up having a refurbished Glock 21 (3rd gen) with 3 mags for 459 dollars. I asked the guy if he could order me in a new one and he responded with "How about 425 dollars?" Sold.

Lone Wolf is out of 460 Rowland barrels right now, and if I went the lone wolf route I could get all the parts I need for about 290 dollars (barrel, compensator, recoil spring, mag springs) or Rowland themselves for just over 400 dollars.

Sorry I didn't listen to the poll results, but I have my Glock 20 (10mm) sitting next to me so its not too lonely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.