Question, G22 with MSHP on it.......

This is a discussion on Question, G22 with MSHP on it....... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Would you buy 1? Here's the deal. A dealer just got in an order from Glock that were made up for the MSHP (Missouri State ...

Thread: Question, G22 with MSHP on it.......

Would you buy 1?

Here's the deal. A dealer just got in an order from Glock that were made up for the MSHP (Missouri State Hwy Patrol) with there pkg on them. The order was rejected as a mistake and so now this gun shop has them for sale.

The MSHP pkg has the following,

G22 with MHP on the MSHP badge on the slide

Special serial number that start's with MO and ends in HP

Night sites

Two 15 rd mag's

3 1/2 triggers

$459.00

I am kinda interested in one but it seems strange to have one with all the HP markings on it, serial number, badge and all. What do you think about having a CCW with these markings on them? I am thinking of more along the lines of being harrased about it if pulled over sometime. I could also be reading to much into it so that is why I am asking before I buy one.

What do you think?

I live in Missouri by the way!!!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Thumbs up Good Deal

Yes I would buy,if I wanted it.Good price.I wouldn't worry about getting in a traffic stop as you will be a legal owner.

Good deal yes but don't think i would carry it unless you have something like we do here a green card showing you as the owner

great deal but not for carry, could easily be misunderstood and implicate you as a thief or worse.

Those are my concerns too!

Right now we still have the PTA system (permit to aquire) in place that we have to get from the Sheriff. This is hopefully about to go but as of now it is in place and would be my proof if I bought one. The Sheriff will get a copy back with the serial number, make and model as the FFL must return it to them. Yes, this is regestration and I hate it.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    If you can afford it, buy as many as you can and box them. Some collecters go nuts over some items like that, especially if the Dems are able to put a "scary gun" ban through again.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    I say buy it, and do what you want with it. It wont matter a hill of beans if you get stopped with it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Ditto Sixto.

Dont worry about it and disregard the speculation. It aint that big of a deal.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I say buy it, and do what you want with it. It wont matter a hill of beans if you get stopped with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Ditto Sixto.

Dont worry about it and disregard the speculation. It aint that big of a deal.

Cool, it just seemed strange for some reason! Guess I will pick it up tomorrow. Looking at an old frame G17 he has also (none MSHP model), maybe he will make me a deal buying both!!!! If all goes well I will post what I get when they come in, they have to be shipped.

I would definately recommend buying. Excellent price with the Tritium sights. As others have correctly stated, you won't be hassled being the legal owner of the pistol. Any run of the serial number by any law officer in this country will reveal that it IS NOT a stolen firearm.

So far, I have found police officers to be very cordial when dealing with those citizens who lawfully possess a valid CCW when interacting during routine car stops or other such times during a professional interaction.

Also, often times you will get a small break from a dealer when purchasing more than one firearm at a time. I once got a good $150 break when purchasing two Ruger SP-101's. (.38 spl for wife, .357 for me).

Also, it is not uncommon when an entire deptartment makes a change in weapons and for them to turn their old weapons in for resale.

Such was the case several years ago when the U.S. Postal Service, Postal Inspectors switched to the Baretta 92 and all of their old Ruger Stainless Steel "Speed Six" with 3" barrel and Hogue combat grips were bought by a couple FFL dealer's and offered to general public in Shotgun News.

People I worked with figured that these revolvers would have been well maintained, not shot often and only a little holster wear. Several of the people I work with were interested and we ended up buying seven of them between us.

We all received excellent stainless .357 Magnums for under $175 each. (Price discount for buying 5 or more as well).

Sponsored Links