New CDNN Catalog…something is missing

This is a discussion on New CDNN Catalog…something is missing within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone else downloaded the new CDNN catalog (2007-03) and noticed that something is missing? There’s no handguns! Not a single one. Looks like they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CDNN Catalog…something is missing

JT [OP]

Has anyone else downloaded the new CDNN catalog (2007-03) and noticed that something is missing?

There’s no handguns! Not a single one.

Looks like they edited it. It starts with page 2, and then skips to page 22. It may be an edited verison of the 2007-02 catalog. I'll have to compare them when I get home.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I got the paper copy the other day, and the h-guns are there. Don't know what happened with the download.

I have already highlighted the things that I want and need.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

JT [OP]
    Are you sure you have the 2007-03 copy? I think the one I received in the mail recently was 2007-02.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

In it's full color goodness.

All 140 pages.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

JT [OP]
    I just called CDNN and they said they took the handguns out of the online version for the time being because of “the events of last week”. They may put them back in the downloadable version later, but for now you can only see them in the hardcopy they mail out.

I guess the one I have at home is 2007-03. I was thinking it was 2007-02, which is why I downloaded this one.

Assistant Administrator
    I've been hearing rumors that they have taken handgun stuff out of the download - in response to the VT shooting.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

it's a bummer that they feel they need to remove them because of that.

That's friggin stupid...it's not like the images are going to shoot anyone...

Thats lame and loses them some respect in my eyes

Unbelievable.

It's like they are blaming the gun instead of the shooter.

I think I would have to take my business elsewhere.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

JT [OP]
    I don't think they (as in CDNN) are blaming the gun. I think they are afraid of backlash, and decided it would be more prudent to make the information available only to those on their mailing list, instead of anyone who finds their website. I’m not saying I agree with the decision. I don’t like the idea of hiding from the gun-grabbers. But I don’t think it is an indication of how CDNN feels about gun rights or where they think culpability lies for the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    But I don’t think it is an indication of how CDNN feels about gun rights or where they think culpability lies for the shooting.
    I disagree. If they don't feel strongly enough about people's 2A rights to stand up and keep doing their business/advertising their products despite what the antis *might* say (and we have no proof that anyone has said anything to them), then I don't feel strongly enough to do business with them.

Thus, one more company goes on the "I-won't-buy-from-them" list... right along with those who post no handgun signs and those who promote the anti-gun campaign.

I like CDNN and will wait to see what the explanation is before I stop using them.
    Their reasons might be wrong, might be right, let's wait on an announcement.

JT [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    I disagree. If they don't feel strongly enough about people's 2A rights to stand up and keep doing their business/advertising their products despite what the antis *might* say (and we have no proof that anyone has said anything to them), then I don't feel strongly enough to do business with them.

Thus, one more company goes on the "I-won't-buy-from-them" list... right along with those who post no handgun signs and those who promote the anti-gun campaign.
    I've been a long time customer of theirs. I've done enough business with them to know something about their character, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have not stopped selling them, they have just made a decision about who gets the information about what they are selling.

You said, “we have no proof that anyone has said anything to them”. That’s true. What is also true is that we don’t have the whole story behind their decision. Let’s not rush to judgment. Especially when it comes to saying they “don't feel strongly enough about people's 2A rights”. That is a strong accusation to make about one of our own. These people have always run a highly reputable business, and provided a great service to the self-defense community by making available a wide range of firearms, magazines, and parts at reasonable prices.

I'm glad I down loaded it before they took the handguns out. That is very stupid on their part!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links