A message to the men....

This is a discussion on A message to the men.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wish I never had let my wife shoot my .45s - she has over the years shot the diamonds loose from her engagement ring TWICE! ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A message to the men....

Wish I never had let my wife shoot my .45s - she has over the years shot the diamonds loose from her engagement ring TWICE! Just glad it was the smaller stones, not the main one (yet).
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    rule #3

JD
    Administrator

Question Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    rule #3
    To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

Sorry, wrong number three.

Did you mean this one?
    Keep your finger straight and off the trigger untill ready to fire.

Kind of confused on where your going with this one...

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Lets see, my sister at age 12 learned (as I did) on an old springfield 03 bolt action. She never had a problem after that.

Years later when I first met my wife, took her shooting at my fathers house. 20 guage shotgun was her first shot (real cheap/light one too) Wife has been able to handle any gun I have given her perfectly except a 22 auto pistol. She couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with one of those. (Wife is 4'11 and about 120lbs) So Lima completely on your side with this, if a girl wants to learn on a handcannon then by all means. Does nothing but give me bragging rights. I let my wife choose her caliber and gun and so far that has worked better than anything I could of done in her place.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk View Post
    I'd be absolutely ESCTATIC if I could find a single woman who liked to shoot PERIOD.

She could shoot ANY calibre she wished and it'd be a BEAUTIFUL thing!!
    AGREED!!!!!

As I'm about to be in the dating scene again..., I've been doing some recon. It seems that I will have my work cut out for me....

Michael

Three days without a single one of these:
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Of course everybody knows that women can only shoot revolvers, because they are too weak to charge a semiauto, and besides it's just too mechanical for them.

STOP! I'm kidding! Now if I could just convince my wife that cleaning the gun is the last step in shooting the gun.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Paramedic, I am in a good shape there. My girlfriend cleans the .22 she shoots the most, but also helps clean anything else she fires at the range - she loves my Kimber .45 Raptor II, XD in 4 or 3 inch (she likes the 3 a little more because its lighter) in .40, and my M4 (She's only 5 feet tall so the adjustable stock really helps). She knows that right after the range is the cleaning, and she doesn't complain or anything and she does a good job. Smaller fingers for all those smaller crevases I guess. I've been to the range almost religiously every two weeks over the past six months and she's missed one trip because of work - the rest of the time she is in the lane next to me shooting, loading, and improving her skill.

Senior Moderator
    My wife first shot my Ruger Gov't Mark II. That was the first gun she ever shot. It is still her favorite because it is so accurate. She likes to shoot my Rossi .357 with a 4" barrel, which is her bedside gun.

Now when ever she goes to the range with me I have to take the M-1 carbine which she loves. She doesn't like the 12ga shotgun, but will shoot a box of shells through the 20ga. I have not (and she doesn't want too) had her shot my Win. Mod 70 in 7mm mag. especially after I told her it kicks harder than the 870.

If she wants to shoot anything I have I let her, I try to get her to try different guns, she will shoot the Mosin 91/30 but hates the M-44. I just wished that she showed an interest in my FAL.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Of course everybody knows that women can only shoot revolvers, because they are too weak to charge a semiauto, and besides it's just too mechanical for them.

STOP! I'm kidding! Now if I could just convince my wife that cleaning the gun is the last step in shooting the gun.
    Alright, I'm going to hijack my own thread here for a second and ask a question...

Is it REALLY that rare that women like to clean the guns they shoot?

I love cleaning guns. There's nothing like getting bore solvent from your finger tips to your elbows and seeing that shiny, clean bore after you're done and running your finger along the rails and picking up nothing but clean, clear oil.

Hmmmm... dreaming.....

I whine when my husband tries to clean something I shot. I WANT TO CLEAN IT, DARN IT.

Last time we went to the range I had to work afterward and he said, "Don't worry. I'll clean the guns."

I said, "NO YOU WILL NOT. You will wait till I get home because I want to do it, too."

He said he'd do the SOCOM and save the M-4 for me. I said I could live with that.

When I got this new job at the gun shop/range, I asked who got to clean the guns and the manager shrugged and said, "Whoever wants to." I just about jumped up and down begging him if I could do it and he was MORE than happy to give me the job. I think there is no better way to get to know a gun than cleaning it. And how can you be effective with your weapon until you intimately know it inside and out. That's just Lima theory though.

I find it very hard to believe that people don't like that. Not only is it a part of shooting, it's one of the BEST parts of shooting.

Senior Moderator
    My wife really doesn't like to cleans guns that much. She does like the smell of Hoppes #9 and talks to me while I clean them. She does like to polish them when they go back in the safe, but cleaning the barrels and stripping them no.

Hence why I dream about my wife saying "I Love To Clean Guns"
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Last time we went to the range I had to work afterward and he said, "Don't worry. I'll clean the guns."

I said, "NO YOU WILL NOT. You will wait till I get home because I want to do it, too."
    Only proper response? "Yes ma'am!"

I would be more than happy to turn my weapon cleaning tasks over.

pax
    I hate cleaning guns.

I do it anyway.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I think there is no better way to get to know a gun than cleaning it. And how can you be effective with your weapon until you intimately know it inside and out. That's just Lima theory though.

+1! I was cleaning guns before I was shooting them. I was one of those kids, always taking apart his Nintendo, or computer, or radio controlled car... and they always went back together like they should. I just wanted to see if I could do it! Same thing now, with my Volkswagens, paintball markers, and guns. If you can't put it back together from a pile of individual parts, keep working at it. I learned just this month how to strip a Ruger MKII down to component parts and rebuild it - over the course of about 2 days. In the week following, I broke it down 2-3 times a night, until I could do it while watching TV or otherwise distracted. Without that level of knowledge about your survival tools, what good are they going to do you when the SHTF?

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    My girlfriend shoots a .44 Magnum. I WON'T EVEN SHOOT IT! I hate the recoil on that thing.

I think every person, male or female, should choose what works for them.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

me
    Lima, My sister still has not cleaned HER .22 rifle since we went to the range in march and I have not been home long enough to clean it since I am at college. I have a feeling I will be cleaning it next week before we go to the range on what would have been my wedding day (my sister and I have planned this range trip since my ex ended our engagement)
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links