Encouraging News from the National Shooting Sports Foundation

This is a discussion on Encouraging News from the National Shooting Sports Foundation within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WINCHESTER AMMO SALES UP 11 PERCENT IN FIRST QUARTER . . . Olin Corp.'s (NYSE:OLN) Winchester ammunition division experienced its best first quarter ever, the ...

DC Founder

WINCHESTER AMMO SALES UP 11 PERCENT IN FIRST QUARTER . . . Olin Corp.'s (NYSE:OLN) Winchester ammunition division experienced its best first quarter ever, the company reported Thursday. Winchester income more than doubled to $8.1 million, compared to $3.9 million in the first quarter of 2006. The division's first-quarter sales were $100.2 million, compared to $90 million in 2006. Olin said the combination of higher selling prices and higher volumes was responsible for the increase.
    RUGER REPORTS EARNINGS; FIREARM SALES UP 7 PERCENT . . . Sturm, Ruger & Co. (NYSE:RGR) reported first-quarter profit of $8.06 million, or 36 cents a share, up from $1.42 million, or 5 cents a share, in the same period the previous year. The quarter included a $5.2 million gain on the sale of non-manufacturing assets. Firearm sales for the quarter were up nearly 7 percent to $43.6 million, compared to $40.8 million the previous year. View earnings release.
    Gun popularity is always a good thing. From all I've read, gun sales, ammunition sales, new shooters (particularly women and first time owners) are all up.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Ever since 9/11, and the recent school shootings, people have been taking a big interest in acquiring firearms and the necessary training to use them effectively. The CCW class I took this past weekend was completely full, and the gun shops I frequent say they have gotten busier since the VA Tech tragedy. I see quite a few young guys and girls around my age (21-25) looking at firearms at Sportsmans Warehouse. I think a new trend is coming about. Don't get me wrong, there is still a world full of sheep out there, just asking to be victimized, but alot of folks are looking to protect themselves.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    New shooters always help keep the anti's at bay, the more the better so....
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Links