Kahr/AO 1911 PKZ SE

Kahr/AO 1911 PKZ SE

This is a discussion on Kahr/AO 1911 PKZ SE within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Three weeks ago, I purchased the above pistol new, on the largest auction site from a reputable source. I picked the pistol up from the ...

Kahr/AO 1911 PKZ SE

Three weeks ago, I purchased the above pistol new, on the largest auction site from a reputable source.

I picked the pistol up from the FFL who completed the transfer.

When I checked the pistol out before cleaning, the first thing that I discovered was that the grip saftey was seizing. I could push the grip saftey in and then after releasing it, I could pull the trigger. Upon closer inspection, it was easy to see that the grip saftey was mis aligned.

I called Kahr Arms to report this obvious safety defect and was directed to leave my name, number and the reason for my call. To date, I have not heard from Kahr Arms, and have since learned that they have one of the poorest customer service departments of any company in the domestic firearms business.

I probably had recourse to the seller, but didn't believe this was anything but poor workmanship and that I could get it resolved thruough Kahr. Keep in mind, I havn't heard back from Kahr.

I took the pistol to a gunsmith who freed up the sticking grip safety and agreed it was due to mis alingment and poor workmanship.

I took the pistol to the range today and it was a complete failure. The pistol repeatedly failed to load and eject. The gunsmith at the range said it was a combination of defects in the extractor and an inferior magazine.

I have tried to be completely objective here. I simply want to warn other members of this forum who are 1911 afficianados to beware of Kahr products.

At this point, I will simply take the pistol back to the gunsmith and hope that he can make it safe and reliable. If not, I will relinquish it and the serial nr for destruction.

I think it is clear to me that I'll receive no help from this company which is owned and funded by the Unification Church (Moonies).

"which is owned and funded by the Unification Church (Moonies)."

What is this group and how do you know they own Kahr? No sarcasm, just curiousity.

Owned by moonies ? LOL... don't be that way !
    heres a passage from an interview that Massad Ayoob had with Justin Moon, founder/owner of Kahr Arms.

Ayoob: What's your reaction when commentators on the Net try to bring religion into it?
    Moon: I am a member of the Unification Church, but I do not hold any formal positions in the church. I proudly participate and support my church and my community. This is, after all, a free country. I cherish my First Amendment rights as well as my Second Amendment rights.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

In retrospect, I should have left out the last sentence of my post. My intent was to warn members of this forum that Kahr has very poor customer response. That is born out by previous posts on this and other forums regarding Kahr's poor customer service. I think their products are overrated.
    My apologies if I offended anyones religious sensetivities.

No offense taken here friend, Im not religious or sensitive, just curious.

The moonies thing has been beat to death search it here .. yes his sone owns kahr but doesnt or didnt not sure anymore hold to his dads ideals

AS for the Pistol in question ..

the AO has been know for a long time to be a POS and have lots of problems ..

A quick read at one of the 1911 forums will tell you more on that i was wondering if they had got thier QC down but i guess not

What is funny though is you read mostly the Kahrs run and the AO tommy guns but the 1911's are always a problem sorry you got stuck with one .

I would try good mags and change out the extractor to either a ed brown / wilson combat/ cylinder and slide/ or a fusion try and catch one cheep on ebay Fusion are good parts and i have been using them a lot lately

Any questions as you try to get it up and running feel free to ask there are a bunch of 1911 fans here to help

And this is one of the reasons 1911's get bad name because of stuff like this ..

Am sorry to hear that, I have owned a K40 and loved it. Keep in mind I did'nt have to deal with their c.s.

Links