Anyone else have my problem?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have my problem? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I cannot stop buying handguns. I have purchased approximately 12 in the past calendar year. I see it.... I want I.... I buy it.... I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I cannot stop buying handguns.

I have purchased approximately 12 in the past calendar year.

I see it.... I want I.... I buy it.... I shoot the hell out of it it, then something else comes along that catches my eye so I sell it... trade it.... or keep it and buy that one.....

I JUST bought two new handguns this month and now I am eying another. As a matter of fact I didn't go to the Vegas gun show this weekend because I knew I would buy one.

I absolutely CANNOT go to a gun show or shop without walking out with a new handgun.

They just call to me. Rope me in. Beg me to take them home.

yep got this problem to gun shop has me on speed dial

Senior Moderator
    My husband has that same bug.. I keep telling him I would have no problem with anything he bought.. PROVIDED we have the money and he's not taking it from either our savings or any other funds specified for other things.

He's been very good lately in that if he sees something he wants he saves up for it or puts it on layaway and makes steady payments to pay it off and hasn't dipped into any other finances.. As long as he keeps doing that he can buy as many guns as he wants.. I'm all for it.. as long as he throws in one of two for me along the way..

All I can say is, if you have the money to support that habit, more power to you Brother.

I wish I had the funds to enjoy it too. Once we start pushing some of the kids out into the world on their own I can see me having the same problem but not right now. Every free cent goes towards something for them. Shoes, clothes, school stuff, food...lots of food, one very expensive minivan...you name it, almost everything I buy these days to for the kids in one way or the other. But that is what being a Dad is all about. I wear the same pair of old beat up tennis shoes for 2 years so they can have new ones as often as they need them.

They are why I carry a gun in the first place.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I am single so I definitely have the funds. Whenever I am in a relationship it seems I am broke but my handgun habit usually solves that and I go back to being single with money again

I have this problem too. I keep saying that its different tools for different situations... I'm not sure if I believe it or not though

Senior Moderator
    I am not single, my wife and I are expecting our first child in June. We think that children are going to cost a lot, so my gun buying is being put on hold for a little while.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I am single so I definitely have the funds. Whenever I am in a relationship it seems I am broke but my handgun habit usually solves that and I go back to being single with money again

Yeah being single = way more money than being married or dating someone. but if I had the money id do the same thing because their are so many pistols out there, it's like a baseball card collection you just dont stop after a few cards.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    All I can say is, if you have the money to support that habit, more power to you Brother.

I wish I had the funds to enjoy it too. Once we start pushing some of the kids out into the world on their own I can see me having the same problem but not right now. Every free cent goes towards something for them. Shoes, clothes, school stuff, food...lots of food, one very expensive minivan...you name it, almost everything I buy these days to for the kids in one way or the other. But that is what being a Dad is all about. I wear the same pair of old beat up tennis shoes for 2 years so they can have new ones as often as they need them.

They are why I carry a gun in the first place.
    I hear ya. As a single parent Ive got college coming up and every time I turn around there's something else to pay for. I have'nt really got the "gotta have that gun" fever yet. I owned one gun (k-frame 38 special) for 26 years. Then last year I decided to get my ccw and bought a 642 and since then an XD40SC. I've only bought what I felt I needed for carry. I can walk in a gun shop and browse and not be "too" tempted. Not enough to shell out $600.00 on a whim. I'm hoping I can stay on this course.

There is only one way to stop buying guns. Stay out of gun shops, and gun shows. All guns have that gotta have-it magnet. Sometimes even looking at guns in magazines and on the web is dangerous, it makes you go to gun shops. Buy all of them you can while you have the money and while it is still leagal.

I've bought so many this past year they know me by name. I even believe they could probably fill out allmy paper work for me....
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

As long as you can afford it, enjoy the urges !!! You can't have too many.
    Most gun nuts go through the same process, some never stop. If I could roll the clock back about thirty years, I would still be buying guns, only they would nearly all be Colt Single Action Armys, and a few for carry.

Yeah...I have that problem too. Just today, I stopped by my local shop to "fondle" some of the blasters. As my luck would have it, he had ALL of the polymer players there, with the exception of an Hk USP. I played with an XD (40 & 45) an M&P (40 & 45) a Taurus 24/7 .45ACP, and a Smith & Wesson SW40VE. Now, I'm a Glock man, but I gotta say...almost ALL of those felt better in my hand than the Glock! I don't know why I stay with the Glock! The other plastic guns ALL feel better! I guess it's because I'm still not sold on the tuffness of the others as well as some of the features the others have.

The XD feels the best, but I hate the grip safety.

The M&P feels good too, but I hate that damned lock.

The Taurus 24/7 felt REAL good, but the lock thing again AND the mag release button was too close to the grip for me - I like them a little more extended.

That leaves the Smith & Wesson SW40VE or the "Sigma" as I remember it. It felt "ok" better than a Glock - worse than an XD or M&P. I like it...just not enough to trade my Glock for it.

If any of that extra cash is getting in your way............I also have a safe if you need me to keep some of those purchases for you. A wife and 4 kids puts a damper on my spending.
    "The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
    Malcolm Forbes

[QUOTE=azchevy;367049]I cannot stop buying handguns.

I have purchased approximately 12 in the past calendar year.

I see it.... I want I.... I buy it.... I shoot the hell out of it it, then something else comes along that catches my eye so I sell it... trade it.... or keep it and buy that one.....

Yes...I too have the problem. I now have 7 handguns and wouldn't part with any of them. I don't practice shooting with all of them but I enjoy cleaning and handling them all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links