Found A Great Deal Today!

This is a discussion on Found A Great Deal Today! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today I went to a local Flea Market and there was a vendor with a huge Military tent, and inside it he had all kinds ...

Thread: Found A Great Deal Today!

Thumbs up Found A Great Deal Today!

Today I went to a local Flea Market and there was a vendor with a huge Military tent, and inside it he had all kinds of military stuff for sale. You name it, he had it.

I started looking at Ammo cans, MRE's and gas mask filters. Low and behold in a box on the ground was a butt load of BRAN NEW 30 and used but 90% condition 20 round M16 magazines.
    I got them for only $8 EACH!

They were in mint condition.
    I looked at them and they are all made by Center Magazine (are they any good?) and have a made on date of 04/06.
    They also have the "Restricted For LEO and Government Use Only" stamped on them, which I thought they stopped doing after the AWB had lifted.

But they have the green followers and new shiny springs. They are the gray/silver color and none of them even have a scratch on them.

I didn't buy any of the 20 rounders, but Im thinking next weekend I should go back and buy the whole box of both 30's and 20's.

I walked away with fifteen 30 round mags today.

So can anyone tell me if the "Center Industries" magazines are as good as the FN, Lebelle, and Okay magazines? Im guessing they are just as good, since they were made a a year ago and the military must be using them in both theaters of combat right now.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    The Center mags are ok, the Military has many suppliers, as long as the guts are good and you have the green follower they should be fine.

Well, I found some info about them:

Center Industries
    -------
    Center Industries is a current US Military contractor. Parsons and Adventure Line were aquired by Center. Center is one of the largest manufacturers of M16/AR15 magazines, and recently (1999) received a new GI contract for 10 million mags over several years. Early mags had black followers; mags made since 1992-3 have green "anti-tilt" followers. Made from 1980s-present.

*WARNING* Center Industries is not marking its post-ban magazines with the required "FOR LEO/MILITARY/ GOV'T/EXPORT USE ONLY" verbiage. All Center mags since the late 1980s have the date (in 12/99 format) and Center's CAGE code (6P199) stamped on the side of the mag body. It seems that some individuals have ground the date stamp off of some post-ban magazines and refinished the area. These magazines are being sold at gun shows to unsuspecting folks as pre-ban mags. Possession of these post-ban magazines by non-approved folks can result in a felony charge.

Floorplates stamped:

CENTER INDUSTRIES CORP.
    WICHITA, KS. U.S.A.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Links