Ebay Hummmm...I wonder

This is a discussion on Ebay Hummmm...I wonder within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Couple of days ago I was high bidder on a Series 80 Colt factory barrel & bushing ~ mainspring housing ~ trigger ~ hammer ~ ...

Thread: Ebay Hummmm...I wonder

Administrator

Question Ebay Hummmm...I wonder

Couple of days ago I was high bidder on a Series 80 Colt factory barrel & bushing ~ mainspring housing ~ trigger ~ hammer ~ sear ~ grip safety ~ recoil spring guide & recoil spring plug & a couple of small pins.
    All (no longer needed) parts from one series 80 pistol that was sent out to have custom work done on it.
    The Ebay auction picture was SO bad that I really couldn't see any detail on any of the parts. And...neither could any other potential bidder & thus no flurry of bids. All the parts just looked like dark black, blurry blobs.
    I got everything for $50.00 (basically sight unseen)
    So...Did I get totally beat on a passle of junk gun parts or...did I get a good little deal for myself?
    Time will tell & those Colt parts should be sitting at my front door in a few days hence.
    I look at it this way...........QKLogic...
    The odds are MUCH BETTER than playing the lottery.
    There is a 50/50 chance that I'll come out a winner.
    Actually, a bit better than 50/50 since the seller had a good Ebay personal profile section.
    I'll let you all know if I end up Happy Or (Boo Hoo) Sad ~ and GOOD OR BAD ~ I'll take another photo of those exact "auction won" parts for you.

Ok...here ya go...original auction photo. Would you bid on these parts??

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

LOL.
    You of all people KNOW how E Bay works!! (Just like me with the Gerber knives) I believe you got a deal no matter what! AND.if you don't like the parts........place em back up there with a better pic....I've done it, and gotten more $$ for the original purchase!

Administrator

Hi Class3

How is it going?
    Nice,cool, & breezy outside here SO...I'm cleaning a couple of guns outdoors today.
    Hopefully...the "mystery parts" will be OK.
    I have a good feeling about the seller.
    I have a series 80 Colt frame that pretty much needs all major parts.
    You know what they say:..."Sometimes ya get the elevator & sometimes you just get the shaft."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thumbs up

Hey there Q K
    I'm well here. Hope all is fine with you also. Hmmmm cleaning guns outside huh?.......it was 80 here today in NH.. kinda warm for this time of year.. I took my 14 yr-old son out last Sunday, with 500 rnds of 9MM and the MP5 of course.. I also took that LW Commander out for him to shoot....... we were at the range, with him firing the MP5, when he drew a group of admirers....he then took off with a couple of 30 rnd controlled bursts, actually amazed me with his skill. He then asked if he could try the Commander, and out shot my sorry butt with most of the 3 8rnd mags in the 9-10 rings........He's beginning to scare me with his skills....but I hope he continues with his intrests.I'll get a few pics up soon of him playing a little "rock-N-Roll" LOL......
    BTW.I'm sure those parts will be good ones.you've always done well on E Bay

Ridgerunner
    Not a bad price if they turn out okay. Good luck!

Links