H & H Gun Range in Oklahoma City, OK

This is a discussion on H & H Gun Range in Oklahoma City, OK within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WOW! What an awesome facility! The Range is located at 400 South Vermont Rd, Oklahoma City, Ok and is totally worth a stop. contactus@hhgunrange.com www.hhgunrange.com ...

Thread: H & H Gun Range in Oklahoma City, OK

H & H Gun Range in Oklahoma City, OK

WOW! What an awesome facility!

The Range is located at 400 South Vermont Rd, Oklahoma City, Ok and is totally worth a stop.

contactus@hhgunrange.com
    www.hhgunrange.com

For the Directions, take exit 143 off of I-40 (Meridian Rd) and Go North 1 block. Turn Right on Reno Ave. Go a short distance and Turn Right on Vermont Ave, (Kinda tight but manageable) Go to end and follow around to the Left, in front of the stores. Set your brakes and grab your guns!

For the truckers there seemed to be room out back as there were loading docks but if you prefer, Park at the TA at Exit 142 on I-40 and call 405-232-6161 for a yellow taxi. $10.20 to the H&H range.

The Pistol range had 17 lanes and a nice large firing line. The staff was awesome and very helpful. I believe the Gentleman whom helped us was Mike. Really nice guy. In just a few minutes we had signed in and were assigned lane 14. They started a tab for the numerous boxes of ammo and targets we had selected and gave us all glasses and ear protection to use while on the range. (Ours are in Maine... oops!)

They had a huge selection of firearms and the staff open carried in the store, , They even had a grill/sandwich counter in the facility. Very cool.

Today was mostly plinking, but we did work on Aimee's stance and grip and were able to really tighten her groups up nicely. All she needs now is some decent trigger time and practice. She now has gained initial confidence she was lacking and is becoming more comfortable with Her GlocK 19. It fits her nicely. I find I can't stand the grip angle and the small beaver tail lets the slide nip my web occasionally. I much prefer the 1911, (Is that so bad?)

There were literally as many women as men at the range today and it was great to see. (On bloke was griping about his daughter out shooting him with his own .45! Buck up and practice more old man, else she is ALWAYS going to kick your butt!)

All in all we shot 1050 Rounds through her GlocK 19 and My Springfield 1911a1 .45! That was about 2 hours of blasting away.

There were 2 other little kids there and Alex had a great time. Too bad I was stupid and left the .22 Ruger home else he would have had MORE fun. Next time buddy!

So because of a simple suggestion by Cam Edwards at NRANEWS.COM said to stop by the H & H Gun Range lead to my wallet being $280 dollars lighter. Oh well, it was definately worth it.

We will definately be going back.

There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

2. Remove Ads

Nice to have a place close to shoot, but there is a lot of holes in the ceiling and floor.

No range officer? Id have to find another range to shoot at.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Here's my range, I spend far too much time in this room...

The website won't allow me to link to the video, or the page it's on.

Click this LINK then select Moving Targets on the sidebar, then click the video link.

While there is no officer in the range room, the entire back side of the range is glass and faces the showroom. There are always several employees there who watch the range and trust me, they DO enforce the rules and are not at all afraid to call ceasefire and come in to yell at or eject people breaking them. This place has been around for a very long time, they teach a bunch of beginners courses, one on one training and nearly all the lanes on two of the three ranges are always full. That much traffic over that much time will result in neglectful discharges. I've not been in a range that's been around for 15+ years that didn't have holes in the ceiling/walls. Kinda scary to think about when you're there tho, hehe. Great bunch of people, I've purchased several firearms there, they get nearly all my business. They're high on ffl transfers so I go to another local store for that. Great place, stop in if you've never been

g

Indeed, they did watch the ranges closely while we were there. quick shots are allowed with pistols but not with rifles, while we were there a couple of guys went on the rifle range and started double tapping an ar15. They jumped in and put a quick stop to that. I think the roof tiles just haven't been replaced in forever. They were pretty dirty looking. but with that amount of gunpowder in the air and lead wizzing around....
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Links