Range Play Time

Range Play Time

This is a discussion on Range Play Time within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the range today. Took several toys with me. Took the Husqvarna-model-1907 in .380 along with a 9 Browning Long barrel and recoil spring. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HatedOne

Thread: Range Play Time

Range Play Time

Went to the range today. Took several toys with me. Took the Husqvarna-model-1907 in .380 along with a 9 Browning Long barrel and recoil spring. Brought along some reloadable factory PPU 108 Gr 9 Browning Long ammo. Brought some of my 9 Browning I made from 9 Largo cases along with a good supply of regular .380 ammo, cast lead, JHP's FMJ's from 88 to 102 grs. loaded with 3.5-3.7 grs on Unique. Brought along a 1908 Vest Pocket .25 and a 1908 Hammerless also in .380. A Browning HP clone and P-38 came along also. .30 carbine need a function check, just installed a new extractor. They break, have extra on hand. Have had that carbine over 25 years, God know how many rounds have been through it. I reload everything here, even the.25 ACP's!
    For those out there that have bad mouthed the Husqvarna-model-1907 converted to .380 let me say you have no Idea! Mine will run regular .380's with the modified recoil spring. It will run .380's with the 9 Browning recoil spring, it will run a magazine with mixed 9 Factory Browning Longs, my converted 9 Largo cases and cases made from .38 Super all from the same mag interchangeably without a bobble! Now if I load some light 88-90 gr bullets in the .380 and don't have a firm hold, it might FTE fully. Neat old pistol! eBay has 9 Long barrels for sale right now for 50 bucks, half what I paid for mine. I make 9 Browning out of 9 Largo cases by cutting the cases down to headspace on the case mouth not the rim like 9 Browning. Largo are rimless. I paid 95.00 bucks for the Husqvarna-model-1907. Factory 9 Browning run a little over 1100 fps.

Last edited by HatedOne; July 29th, 2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: dup photo
    5lima30ret likes this.

That is quite an assortment of handguns for a day of throwing lead. Definitely the makings of a nice day.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Looks like a lot of fun!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Sponsored Links