I have bad luck with getting a day to go shooting

This is a discussion on I have bad luck with getting a day to go shooting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It seems like everytime I get a day off from work, I can't get transportation to the firing range (sharing vehicles right now), and when ...

Thread: I have bad luck with getting a day to go shooting

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I have bad luck with getting a day to go shooting

It seems like everytime I get a day off from work, I can't get transportation to the firing range (sharing vehicles right now), and when I do have transportation to the firing range, the range is closed. I dunno how much more I can suffer looking at my small stockpile of range ammo waiting to be used. I have so far,

2000 rounds of 7.62x39
    500 rounds of 9mm Luger
    50 .38 Special
    100 sport load 12 gauge shells

This doesn't include the small stockpile of defensive/SHTF ammo I keep tucked away. I'll shoot a box or two every range trip, only to replace what I've used right after the time spent at the range. I learned the hard way about keeping ammo on hand last year, after pulling an empty gun on a knife wielding drunk dude.

Sorry folks, I just had to rant a little.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

I had planned on shooting over the memorial day weekend, the previous owners of my house left me a "surprise"... the did a very shoddy repair on the sewer main... so I spent the weekend, pumping, digging & plumbing...

I know how you feel, the worst day shooting is a huge improvement over how I spent that weekend!

Every time you can't get to the range, set aside the money saved to buy more ammo, that way when you do get to go you will have enough ammo to stay all day.

Links