Sig P250? - Page 2

Sig P250?

This is a discussion on Sig P250? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rstickle There is now an "official" post over on SIGForum with some information provided by SIG USA. Here is the link: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...35/m/544100549 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P250?

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    There is now an "official" post over on SIGForum with some information provided by SIG USA. Here is the link:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...35/m/544100549

Enjoy!
    Good find, I have quoted the bulk of that post from the SIG Director of Marketing here.

First, we anticipate releasing the P250 Compact in 9mm (same version tested in the G&S story) sometime in September. This was originally supposed to start to ship in August but is being pushed back due to some final changes and vendor parts delivery timelines. I won't explain further since that information would be somewhat confidential.

The trigger pull is going to be between 5.5 and 6.0 lbs. The 9.0 lbs reference on the J.P. Sauer & Sohn site is irrelevant in terms of the US market. There are some other scpes which I will update in this thread once I can confirm them. These will be the specs you need to look at when discussing the P250 and not those on the Sauer site.

The P250 as designed in Germany did not meet the typical desired specs for a gun to be successful on the US market. The design is excellent and extremely innovative but because of the need to have a .40S&, .357SIG and a .45ACP option the design had certain limitations that are easy to work out but needed to be addressed by our engineers here in the US.

There are several changes to the pistol from the original German design and in preparing the .40/.357 versions we ended up having to make chages to the 9mm. This is most evident in the slide dimensions. We wanted the 9mm to have the same slide profile as the .40S&W/.357SIG version so that they'd use the same holster. Because our market is driven more by .40S&W (particularly in law enforcement) we made the changes. In Europe the caliber of choice is 9mm.

Since I cannot (read will not) address all your questions at this time due to the fact that final development is being completed, I will instead ask for volunteers....

Later this month (possibly early July) I will hold a range report event here at SIGARMS. We will show you how the gun assembles and disassembles, what some of the plans are for the future, answer your questions (some issues may remain confidential but we will discuss as much as we can and as much as we trust you to keep confidential) and take you out to the range to testfire the gun and take pictures. We'd give everybody an opportunity to shoot the gun.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Good find, I have quoted the bulk of that post from the SIG Director of Marketing here.
    Just figured folks could read it themselves, straight from the source.

Come fall it will be interesting to see. Depending on how the weapon is set up and priced I may be getting my first "plastic" pistol. We'll see.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links