My dad is giving me the first pistol I ever shot..

This is a discussion on My dad is giving me the first pistol I ever shot.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's an 80's model Charter arms .38 special. Nice little 5 shot gun. Maybe a good carry when I have no choice but to carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dad is giving me the first pistol I ever shot..

My dad is giving me the first pistol I ever shot..

It's an 80's model Charter arms .38 special. Nice little 5 shot gun. Maybe a good carry when I have no choice but to carry on my ankle, or even pocket. I'll have my a nice little mini collection started. I'm sure it's going to need a good cleaning and some rounds put thru it. Probably hasn't been outside it's case since 95.
    I'll have my a nice little mini collection starting.

G17
    G23
    Ruger P89
    Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

2. Remove Ads

Cool that your Dad would give you something like that. My Dad gave me the Marlin .22 rifle I learned to shoot with just a few months ago. Its still a nice little rifle but the sentimental value is of the greatest worth. Thanks Dad for your patience!
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

1943 - 2009
    Nice gift. Now you can pass it on to your son someday.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Great, really great

Congrats. A gun from your dad means a lot.

My dad has given me a few guns, and I have since given him a few as well.

The ones he gave me and the one my grandfather gave me are my most cherished possesions in this world.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

As stated, this is a special gift. Congrats

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    That's special gift. My dad left his .22 rifle to me and his shotgun to my younger brother.

That's the kind of gun to treasure and pass down. By the way trust me never get rid of your P-89. I've had three and wish I still had at least one. They were the toughest and reliable guns I've ever owned. Period. I averaged 36000 round through each of them and never anything close to a malfunction.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

I've still got the first gun I ever shot, a High Standard Double Nine .22 revolver. It's the first one my son shot and just as soon as he's old enough it'll be my grandson's first too.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Yeah I think it's great too. The first gun I ever shot was a .410 that we still have. My dad has it right now and uses it regularly. Don't know that he shoots it regularly but he's terrified of snakes and it's close by when he's working outside or roaming the property. I've actually got a P90, not 89. I'm a regular at calling it a P89 by mistake. It's a good gun to, purchased during the ban. I shoot it every other time I go shooting since the ammo is pricey. When I get it I'll throw some before and after pictures up.

OD*
    That's good, congrats.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Yeah I think it's great too. The first gun I ever shot was a .410 that we still have. My dad has it right now and uses it regularly. Don't know that he shoots it regularly but he's terrified of snakes and it's close by when he's working outside or roaming the property. I've actually got a P90, not 89. I'm a regular at calling it a P89 by mistake. It's a good gun to, purchased during the ban. I shoot it every other time I go shooting since the ammo is pricey. When I get it I'll throw some before and after pictures up.
    The P 90 is as good if not better! Most people won't or don't believe it but my brothers three P 90's are three of the most accurate .45's I've ever shot. The avg grop between all three is 1.69" at 25 yards. The Ruger triggers are not the best but once you get used to it it's not bad. It's not that they are heavy or rough just that they have a little to much take up and over travel. When I had my P 89's once I got used to the triggers I had no problem hanging with any other DA/SA auto.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Well, apparently me and my Dad weren't on the same page when we were talking about this so, the gun previously mentioned is not in my possession. He had forgotten all about the .38 and didn't even know where it is off the top of his head but he said he'll find it.

He brought me a Taurus 605 .357 5 shot that he bought a few years ago so I've got that to add to the collection. It's a nice gun, been stored since he bought his new .357 so I'm going to give it a good cleaning. I've never shot this one but he said it shoots great. I had forgotten he even had this one.

Thanks Pop!

Senior Moderator
    My 605 is great but put lock tite on the screws.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I got my Dad's M94 Winchester.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links