How about a Barrett? This one is nice.
This is a discussion on Your Dream Gun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wondering if you could have ONE gun for free that you dont have, what would it be? For me, I think it would have ...
Just wondering if you could have ONE gun for free that you dont have, what would it be?
For me, I think it would have to be the Russian PKM:
Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)
How about a Barrett? This one is nice.
The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD
I am with CopperKnight, I could never afford it but would love to have one, if it was free I would not say no.
"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
-James Earl Jones
GE Minigun - and a nice rich friend to supply all the ammo
2nd choice - Chain gun - 20mm rocks!
We are allowed to dream huh?!
Chris - P95
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."
http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.
Here are a couple of my dream guns...
First, a Stoner 63
Second, a good ol BAR....
Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6
Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
CV62 USS Independence
HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails
I take " Dream gun " to be a gun i have wanted for years , but never for one reason or another got around to getting . Not the gun of the month that i mull over owning .. but the one that just wont shake loose from my mind .. Its a rough choice to make since i have owned so many fine firearms over the years , but i have to say i just ordered it . A hk p7 . I dont know why but i have wanted one since they came out , but they have been financially out of my reach , and i didn't dare trade for one ( turned down a fiew actualy ) because even tho sometimes i could have got a deal , i could not afford to keep the gun if i got it . I think this is a keeper .. and finaly time and $$ met and its a done deal so to speak . Now understand it will cost me some " sleep on the couch time " but whats some suck up to momma for the culmination of a roughly 30 year passion LOL.
Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .
Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.
If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?
Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!
Teddy Roosevelts 1895 Winchester.
"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York
"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper
I've always drooled over a Thompson But if I could design my own pistol it would meet these requirements:
While I'm a 1911 fan and I do have a couple XD's If I were to design my dream pistol this is what I want:
1. Black Stainless steel frame. I prefer the metal frames, I don't really trust polly guns in -40 F weather.
2. I would like a trough sight, with drilled holes if I decided to put on night sightes or adjustable sights set up for 15 yrds. getting older much farther out I'm not going to get a good shot out to 25 yrds.
3. An installed laser on the guide rod, like Lasermax.
4. Accessory rail. Being a bachelor I don't have to worry about drawing on a family member.
5. The take down lever like the XD has. This feature makes it easy to tear down, clean and slap back together really quick.
6. Either the striker system that Glock or Sprinfield has or the 1911 Single action. There are days the hammer is a pain and times it doesn't bug me.
7. Bigger trigger guard so I can get a winter glove in, with the finger grove on the front, like the XD.
8. Threaded barrells just because.
9. conversion between calibers is just a barrell and magazine switch. It may mean a bigger barrel for a 9MM in a .45. While this may be a pipe dream, it's my dream.
10. No extended beaver tail.
11. big enough slide so if you put magnants on your flashlight you can stick it to the slide in a hurry so you can go two handed without stumbling with any advanced flashlight tactics where you have to stand on your head to hit anything.
12. I prefer heavier pistols and I like the 5" models so no need to lighten up the pistol.
13. I want all the engraving, always wanted a pistol with it so, this is my dream pistol.
14. Ivory grips.
15. amberdexterous safety and amberdexterous over sized mag release
16. backstrap safty, I can take or leave the Glock trigger safety.
"[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
They are left in full possession of them."
Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton
uhmmm... Team America....?
We're posting picture of our dream GUNS....