Tri-focal Problems - Page 2

Tri-focal Problems

This is a discussion on Tri-focal Problems within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wear the lined trifocals and trust me it just takes time. I focus on the sights and the target is blurry I quickly hit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tri-focal Problems

I wear the lined trifocals and trust me it just takes time. I focus on the sights and the target is blurry I quickly hit the top lens and point sight the target. then let her fly. It is just a split second with some practice. Also get a good white ring or big dot front sight. It helps a-lot.

Bumper call Bo at XS, he probably has a higher rear sight ready to go in. Could be as simple as a trade. I know for 1911 depending on the barrel length they have different heights. Same thing with the Glock. Who put your sights on, maybe they didn't get the right one.
    T.A.P.S.
    Tactics-Accuracy-Power-Speed

DC Founder
    Will do, TAPS, I trust the guy that did the work and he warned me that it might present a problem by not changing out the back. I will call XS on Monday and see what they say. I was thinking their fronts and back would be matched as far as height went......
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Here's my solution:

My vision is 20/40 uncorrected...very close to the same for both eyes. I wear no-line trifocals, but the center portion has no prescription since I'm OK uncorrected out to about 8 ft...I can see the front sight just fine with naked eyes.

I have contacts, but only wear one in my right eye aka "Monovision". It works OK, but I don't wear them much...too much hassle.

Since the consensus seems to be that you need to shoot IPSC with both eyes open (a new concept for me that I'm struggling to master) I just switch the contact lens in my left eye for distance (tgt focus) and I can see the front sight perfectly with my right eye uncorrected. Add a pair of the cheapo shooting/safety glasses and I'm good to go. I don't know if this might work for anybody else, but it seems to help me.

For bullseye shooting I'll continue to use the glasses.
    If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes.

Bumper - I'm sorry I thought you had their rear sight. Yes they are a matched set. What you could do is have your guy mill the existing rear where the big dot sets into it, the notch will be almost rounded. This is similar to the Novak ghost rear sight. I really like express rear. The only problem I've encountered is sometimes the white dot disappears, I put "hot pink" nail polish on mine. It works! I talked to them trying to get them to either make the big dot fiber optic or gold, with a tritium insert for the dark. Now that would be perfect for my tried old eyes. Hope this helps.
    T.A.P.S.
    Tactics-Accuracy-Power-Speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links