Gun Show

This is a discussion on Gun Show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There's a gun show this weekend at the Ft. Worth Convention Center. Since they only have it there twice a year, and since I've never ...

Thread: Gun Show

Gun Show

There's a gun show this weekend at the Ft. Worth Convention Center. Since they only have it there twice a year, and since I've never been to that one before, just curious if anyone has and if so, is it a good one? I've been to the Big Town show, also at Will Rogers and Dallas Market Hall...of those, I'll only go to the Big Town shows anymore....was disappointed with the others....too much "non-gun/knife" stuff....why would anybody have a table to sell frickin pruning loppers?

Hows about it Texans and nearby folks too?
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

2. Remove Ads

JT
    Hard to say what you'll find. The Ft Worth Convention Center shows are not as good as Big Town or Market Hall. They can be as good or better than Will Rogers. Iíve been to some real stinkers at Will Rodgers and at Ft Worth Convention Center. Iíve also been to some decent ones.

I wish I could go, but it would just depress me. I donít have the funds since my recent purchase of a scope.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

What kind of glass JT? It's my understanding that most of the cost of a rifle is the scope.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    What kind of glass JT? It's my understanding that most of the cost of a rifle is the scope.
    I got a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x50mm Long Range (30mm maintube)

I spent a lot. I decided to build a bolt gun with everything I wanted. It took me about a year and a half to buy everything. The scope was the final piece. Thanks to GWB for the large tax return that made the scope purchase possible.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Sweet.

I need to learn more about optics sometime. Where I come from, they just use whatever piece of junk came with the gun.

JT
    If you want to bone up on optics or anything about long range shooting, check out Sniper Hide. Those guys really know their stuff. Everything I bought to build my bolt action rifle came from recomendations over there.

http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/u...ultimatebb.cgi

Assistant Administrator
    Minor comment - but near 2 years ago - did the Market hall show and was quite impressed. Bought ammo mostly - and a carbine. But found plenty of stuff worth looking at.

That show was my ''reason'' (excuse!!!) for trotting off on a 4,000 mile (in 8 days!) round trip with wife!!! Need to check out Dallas gun show Hon' .... wanna come?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I have a Leupold VarX-II in 3.5x10 with turret knobs on my flat-top. I think the scope is very clear. A book of matches has to be out almost to 300 yards before it's safe. (I use reloads tailored for the rifle.)

I got into glass very late in life. It adds a real dimension to the shooting sport. I like the precision aspect.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Minor comment - but near 2 years ago - did the Market hall show and was quite impressed. Bought ammo mostly - and a carbine. But found plenty of stuff worth looking at.

That show was my ''reason'' (excuse!!!) for trotting off on a 4,000 mile (in 8 days!) round trip with wife!!! Need to check out Dallas gun show Hon' .... wanna come?
    Wow. And I thought my drive to Mesquite for a gun show was long. (Long, but always worth it)

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    I have a Leupold VarX-II in 3.5x10 with turret knobs on my flat-top. I think the scope is very clear. A book of matches has to be out almost to 300 yards before it's safe. (I use reloads tailored for the rifle.)

I got into glass very late in life. It adds a real dimension to the shooting sport. I like the precision aspect.
    I almost went with something ďas goodĒ as a Leupold for a little bit less, but decided if I was going to put out that much money I would put out a little more and get what I really wanted. I havenít been disappointed.

Links