Range Report :HK USPc and Carbon 15

This is a discussion on Range Report :HK USPc and Carbon 15 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The HK is flawless...no matter what I put through it. I need to work on my DA trigger control...I'm pulling way low, and anticipating a ...

Thread: Range Report :HK USPc and Carbon 15

Range Report :HK USPc and Carbon 15

The HK is flawless...no matter what I put through it. I need to work on my DA trigger control...I'm pulling way low, and anticipating a 1911 style trigger pull.

The Carbon 15 (aka the jamomatic 5000) This thing shoots well...when it doesn't jam. Recoil is no where near what I was expecting. But it jammed up so bab one unfired round climbed on TOP of the bolt, locking the weapon up completely. It was weird. I was shooting on state land, (no ccw..as it's in a park) so left my 1911 in the car. I've got the 15 equipped with a single point sling. I was cutting lose when it locked up tight. Couldn't pull the charging handle back, so without thinking I lust let it go and went to the...empty holster. There were two younger guys there who were just looking at me. I think they were trying to figure out if I was a cop or not :-) Either that or they thought I was military..or crazy. Any of those works for me

Anyway: HK UPSc.45...awesome. As soon as I get around to getting a CCW rig for it it's gonna be carried along with the 1911s

Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol: Off to the gun smith to make sure nothing is wrong with it...but it's a head turner on the range
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

2. Remove Ads

Been carrying mine for over 7 years now, and you are right it will cycle anything reliably.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Congrats again on your HK USPc 45. I knew you would love this pistol when you posted about the possible purchase. I love shooting my USPc 9mm. I'm currently waiting for the new HK45 to be released before deciding which 45 to buy, but it will definitely be a HK!

Links