I know it's a piece of evil commie junk...

This is a discussion on I know it's a piece of evil commie junk... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; But seeing this just makes me sick to my stomach. http://www.marstar.ca/Norinco/M-305.htm God I hate our crappy gun laws. I have a Norinco SKS and it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know it's a piece of evil commie junk...

But seeing this just makes me sick to my stomach.

http://www.marstar.ca/Norinco/M-305.htm

God I hate our crappy gun laws. I have a Norinco SKS and it's the bee's knees.

yeah sucks for that price id try one

Assistant Administrator
    we cannot ship Norinco firearms to clients in the U.S.

I'd snag one in a heartbeat - given the chance. Geez .... why should the Canucks get this ''privelage''?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chalk up another one for Bill Clinton!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Administrator

Hey

What is it with you pinko forum guys wanting to buy Knock~Off Commie Rifles?
    Let those Maple Syrup Heads (up there) have their Cheapo Rendition Red Rifle Wannabe.

Look at this ill~fitted Piece Of Hunk~O~Junko cast from recycled "God Only Knows What" metal. And Trust Me those are THE BEST pictures they could take of the best looking one that they have! Pretty bad.
    I honestly would not even want one.
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 30th, 2005 at 10:25 AM.

Norinco is a high quality outfit and they make some mighty fine weapons.
    The picture has a lot of gunk and cosmoline all over it, but I am sure it would serve just fine.

Administrator

On The Plus Side Concerning NORC

Their Commie Carbon Copy Of The Colt 19 Ear Revvin' (Chinese for 1911) is just absolutely awful looking. But they do work and shoot.
    Personally....I truly believe that their frames and slides are finish machined metal castings and not entirely machined from steel billets.
    Save up & buy American if you can.
    There is a big difference in price but also a big diffence in overall workmanship and quality.

Well to me the point of one of these Chinese jobs is to be able to experience a design at a lower cost. The way I look at it something like this really isn't in the same market.

I mean come on who doesn't want to try an M14 at that price?

Administrator

Just My Opinion

Honestly we're all on the same side of the 2nd Amendment fence and anybody that wants to exercise their American Right to own firearms by buying up Communist China Clone rifles and handguns is A~Ok with me. They just don't float my boat at all. I am not saying that everybody should stop buying them. I'm not saying that at all. But nothing can change the reality of what they are. In my opinion they cranked out mass produced very cheap looking poorly finished Chinese copies of much better weapons.
    I sure would rather have one than no firearm at all.
    I also sure would not ever buy one if I could afford something better and better looking.
    But, like I say...just my humble o'penguin.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Matter of pricknipple I guess!

I too would love the real deal but cost is a mitigating factor. I would tho relish the chance to enjoy another garand action on a budget - knowing too that I could (and would) have that sucker stripped and ''tweaked'' as a priority - and would make it run well good enough.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I too would not mind having a couple el'cheapo 1911 Norincos to practice some pistolsmithing on without worrying about butchering up some high dollar investments on the lathe. Been looking at the gun shows, and there are very few Norincos to be found.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

When I had my Norinco .45 worked on, both 'smiths originally said they were cheap knock offs. Upon completing installation of the sights, they said it was some of the toughest steel they had ever worked on, and the owner bought 25 immediately for custom projects. Great guns. Bill Wilson purchased 400 if I remember correctly to build custom guns on. That says something.

Dan

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Well to me the point of one of these Chinese jobs is to be able to experience a design at a lower cost.
    It would be cheaper, in the long run, for you to buy a used SA 1911 for you to "experience a design at a lower cost" because you will not do that with a cheap POS like a Norinco 1911. To me, they are simply imported Saturday Night Specials. "You get what you pay for" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    I mean come on who doesn't want to try an M14 at that price?
    I wouldn't.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Been looking at the gun shows, and there are very few Norincos to be found.

Reason being is the quality. Yes, they may be rough, but go to 1911forum.com or pistolsmith.com and read what seasoned 1911 smiths have to say about them. Where they are imported from is not the issue when it comes to the quality of the steel. Other than the finish being rough, you will read about quite a few less troubles than most any other mil style 1911 offered recently at half the cost.

I dont like the politics of China any more than any other true American. I dont know quite how to feel about certain Slovakian nations. I know CZ makes a hell of a gun. So do they people assembling 1911 Norincos.

I dont know about the steels used in their long arms. But I do know a freind of mine (same guy mentioned about earlier with the pistols) bought one of the Rinco 870 knock offs. He loved it. And he was a smith for Scattergun Tech before it was purchased by Wilson.

Dan

To me it's like this.

Say you need a rifle. You don't have one. You need something though.

You go pick up one of these Norincos. You play around with it, it's okay, and you like it.

What happens next?

You want a better rifle, but you realize that such and such pattern does not appeal to you etc. etc. This is better than sinking thousands into something just to find out there's something about the design you don't like.

You buy a Chinese M14 and play with it for about a year. You don't like it. You sell it off for $200 and lose $150 to research.

You buy a Springfield rifle in the same design. You don't like it. You sell it off at $1300 and lose $500 to research.

Now in a 1911, I'd buy a low end Springfield or the Taurus that's coming out or a used Smith and Wesson if I found one. I don't want a Norinco 1911. It's only the rifles that interest me. I've found I view handguns very much like I do watches: there's a certain level of flair I want. The only cheap pistols I really like are Rossis.

As far as I'm concerned I am the owner of the only decent Chinese firearm on the planet in the form of a Norinco SKS. I was considering a Ruger Mini 30 at one time. This rifle is honestly the Ruger Mini 30 but better and cheaper.

And to be honest owning this rifle has given me a yearning for a Bushmaster or something like that that I might not have had otherwise. The more I shoot it the more I conceive I'm probably best off pursuing a good AR 15.

But I don't regret having it at all. Its got its uses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links