Just because you go on vacation...

This is a discussion on Just because you go on vacation... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife is the primary caretaker for her elderly mother and though she gets some help, it still wears her down and she needs a ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Tangle
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By Tangle

Thread: Just because you go on vacation...

Lead Moderator

My wife is the primary caretaker for her elderly mother and though she gets some help, it still wears her down and she needs a break. It turns out that her aunt has a time share with Wyndham Resorts at Fairfield Glade (Crossville, TN) and has invited us to use her time share on numerous occasions. That's close enough, about an hour and 45 minutes, but far enough if you see what I mean. I have resisted going because there's nothing for me to do there, I don't fish, canoe, play tennis, golf or bingo - not that there's anything wrong with those , but I really don't want to spend 5 days and 4 nights bored out of my head.

Then, I got online and discovered, believe it or not, Fairfield Glade Sportsman's Club! It has nothing to do with "the" Fairfield Glade or Wyndham Resorts, but it's only 6 miles from where we stayed. Once I found out I could join, I insisted to my wife that we needed to take her aunt up on her generous offer and head to Crossville so she could get some badly needed rest.

So while she relaxed, rested, and did the quite things she wanted to do, I took off to the range. If I didn't go to the range, she would have to put up with me saying, "What do you want to do now?" about every 10 minutes. So she was glad to have some down time to herself, and I was glad to head to the range.

Here's what I did one afternoon - just fun stuff at 300 yards...

We got to go back in two weeks; it's really nice to be able to shoot on a different range every now and then.

As you can see, I do anything I can to support my wife
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Senior Moderator
    You're a great husband. A model for all of us to emulate.
    Tangle likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    You're a great husband. A model for all of us to emulate.
    Well, ahhh, shucks - yes I am!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Sponsored Links