Glock 17 slide closing on live round in magazine

Glock 17 slide closing on live round in magazine

This is a discussion on Glock 17 slide closing on live round in magazine within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a gen 4 glock 17 went to the range over the weekend to try new hybrid trigger. After shooting about 100 round I ...

Thread: Glock 17 slide closing on live round in magazine

Post Glock 17 slide closing on live round in magazine

I have a gen 4 glock 17 went to the range over the weekend to try new hybrid trigger. After shooting about 100 round I started to have problems with the slide locking open and would not bring next round into chamber. I could close slide and it would not pick up round. If I released magazine and I noticed that round was not al the way to the back of magazine it was forward about an 1/8 of an inch. When pushed back it would cycle round. I am using a speed loader and I think it is pull round forward just a little as I release it and remove to load next round. Has anyone had this problem.

I had a glock 23 that failed to feed a few times like that. It's not so common unless your riding the slide or limp wristing. Pull the slide back and let go, let the spring do it's job.

I don't see why the bullet not being bottomed out at the back of the mag should matter.

Senior Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    get rid of the "hybrid trigger" and make sure the slide stop spring is under the top pin, and bullets moving forward 1/8 after loading first round or firing is normal.
    I know Jesus and I talk to God.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Slap your mags in your palm, hard, base down, to set the cartridges all of the way to the back.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Sponsored Links