Defensive Carry banner

Just out of Curiosity...

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Ten_Ring 
#1 ·
I was reading another post and I got to thinking...:blink:

Just how many states STILL have the 10 round limit on magazines?

Even though I believe that they are legal in most states since the sunset of the Assault Weapons ban, Im sure that there are a few states that took it upon themselves to limit what their citizens can own.

If your state has banned magazines over 10 rounds, chime in.

#5 ·
I know MD has a 20 round limit. But thats only for sale and buying. You can legally go top any surrounding state and buy drums if you wanted to and bring them back.

When I lived in MD, I would order Hi-Cap mags to my cousins Here in PA and just drive up to get them.

#8 ·
All of them may well have it if we dont vote right in 08

#10 ·
California law on 10+ magazines

On the California Department of Justice website there is a section of "Frequently Asked Questions". Here is the one on magazines with capacity more than 10 rounds:

"If I have a large-capacity magazine, do I need to get rid of it?

No. Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers.

(PC Section 12020 (b)(19-29))"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.