Synthetic Gun Oil?

Synthetic Gun Oil?

This is a discussion on Synthetic Gun Oil? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/gunoil.html Originally Posted by NRA FREE HUNTERS MAGAZINE Royal Purple’s synthetic gun oil works well in a variety of temperatures and will not thicken in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Thumbs up Synthetic Gun Oil?

http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/gunoil.html

Quote Originally Posted by NRA FREE HUNTERS MAGAZINE
    Royal Purple’s synthetic gun oil works well in a variety of temperatures and will not thicken in cold weather. Its performance advantages come from Synerlec, the company’s proprietary chemical technology that strengthens the oil for unmatched performance and protection.
    Anybody try it yet? Opinions? I use pretty much every other product from them,and after picking up my first new handgun. I been wondering what kind of oil to use anyway.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have used their automotive synthetic oil, and it's really good stuff. I'm sure their gun oil is good too. It wouldn't hurt to try it.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I use synthetic oil but it's Mobil One.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I have used their automotive synthetic oil, and it's really good stuff. I'm sure their gun oil is good too. It wouldn't hurt to try it.
    Yeah. I was sick of waiting for replies,so I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the replies. I <3 their car oil

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

it will be the same as the car oil.. most companys have been rebadgeing stuff for year that way all the same add a different color of tweak the smell and here is your new gun oil

VIP Member
    Seems at one time I had as many gun oil products on my bench as I had holsters in the box under it....I went back to rem oil,dunno why...I used it first I guess...

Mobil 1 20W50 been using it for a few years now no problems ever.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

i have used Militec for about 15 years: Will never use anything else.

Yeah, I have been using CASTROL Synthetic Gun Lube and Mobil 1 motor synthetic oil (5w30) for years.

Its better than any other gun oil out there, I'll tell ya that!
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Been playing with Synthetic oil and grease for a long time now on all my guns, the stuff is great.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Sweet. I'll post up my impressions once I get in it. I'm confident its a great product. I am definitely an automatic handgun newbie,as this will be used on my first.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I use a synthetic in some spots of some pistols , It is a 10-45 motor oil that has a moly lube enbeded ... YMMV and commercial products are fine .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

YMMV? I don't think I plan on carrying my current (And only) handgun,I am considering Kel-Tec, Glock or XD. I'd like to use the Royal purple in that too...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ghettokracker71 yes YMMV , use what you are comfortable with as a lube , few commercial products actually do harm , its all about your environment , cleaning habits , round count , ect.. Some may be better , some may not , few will run a gun enough to know . I have folks who run their bedside guns on 3 in 1 sewing machine oil , and its fine for the use they put a gun to .

Edited to add : in case anyone does not know YMMV is Your Mileage May Vary ... ie you may well have a different opinion or even results .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Your mileage mary vary! Got ya. Had to google it, haha. I am not sure what my habits will entail seeing as my budget may vary (attempting to change jobs.). I legally own my handgun, but I cannot legally purchase handgun ammunition for it,yet. I've taken it to the range once with my father to try it out,and ran ~300 rounds through it. But I plan on joining a range at going bare minimal once every two weeks.

Thanks for the replies, redneck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links