Kalishnakov doesn't feel guilt over his design...

This is a discussion on Kalishnakov doesn't feel guilt over his design... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fox News' website http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288456,00.html has a story about the celebration of Kalishnakov's life. He was asked if he fretted over the death and distruction the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalishnakov doesn't feel guilt over his design...

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Fox News' websitehttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288456,00.html has a story about the celebration of Kalishnakov's life.

He was asked if he fretted over the death and distruction the AK brought. He told the reporter it's the politician's fault, not the assault rifle.

Why is it so easy for people to blame an inanimate object rather than a real criminal? Why would a reporter try to make an elderly gentleman feel guilty about an invention, while ignoring his countries policies? Thoughts like this make
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    Why is it so easy for people to blame an inanimate object rather than a real criminal? Why would a reporter try to make an elderly gentleman feel guilty about an invention, while ignoring his countries [sic] policies?
    Learning disability. Lack of honor. Lack of intellectual honesty. Simple fear of the tool. Stupidity. Sometimes, all of the above. These are the same sort of people who spit on soldiers returning from war, who burn books, who blame others for why their children go sideways instead of fingering their lack of parenting skills as the culprit.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's kinda what I figured...stuff like that hits one of my major pet peeves of blaming the wrong thing

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

hey i got an idea lets blame the inventor of electricity for all the people killed via the electric chair! these people piss me off to no end!

Why is it so easy for people to blame an inanimate object rather than a real criminal?
    Because they are liberal weenies with a head full of mush! Liberalism is a mental disorder.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    He told the reporter it's the politician's fault, not the assault rifle.
    'Nuff said!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

+1 on the mental disorder. That is what sheeple do. Kalishnakov's design was pure genius.

Think of all the people who have died because of Henry Ford, and don't get me started on those Wright Brothers.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Many people are desperate to believe that all human beings are inherently good and noble. They blame inanimate objects to let themselves hold onto that fallacy.

Mark 10:17-18 says,
    As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
    "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

The sooner people figure that out, the sooner they'll be free to stop defending murderers and blaming the innocent (or the inanimate).
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Why should he feel guilty?, It was made for his country's survival
    during war.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone View Post
    Why should he feel guilty?, It was made for his country's survival
    during war.
    Not to mention its an wonderful design.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

why would he feel guilty? he only invented what is probably the most widely used weapon in history...good on him.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

This reminded me of the Winchester Mansion where his wife contiuned to build on to the house because of fear of ghosts of people shot by Winchesters. It is worth seeing. Actually it is irrational for the inventor of anything to feel remorse for how it is used. Take rope for instance. What about drugs that help others and are addictable? Think positive and enjoy the income. True, Kalishnikov was a genius. Why was he a communist, I thought genius and communist had to be an oxymoron.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Douthit View Post
    This reminded me of the Winchester Mansion where his wife contiuned to build on to the house because of fear of ghosts of people shot by Winchesters. It is worth seeing. Actually it is irrational for the inventor of anything to feel remorse for how it is used. Take rope for instance. What about drugs that help others and are addictable? Think positive and enjoy the income. True, Kalishnikov was a genius. Why was he a communist, I thought genius and communist had to be an oxymoron.
    We really don't know if he's a marxist, the way he responded in the article blaming the politicians, I'm not sure he is.

The thing is if he would have been a Westerner with royalties and as wide spread his design has been he would be one of the wealthiest men in the world. A fact that probably wouldn't have escaped his thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Many people are desperate to believe that all human beings are inherently good and noble. They blame inanimate objects to let themselves hold onto that fallacy.

Mark 10:17-18 says,
    As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
    "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

The sooner people figure that out, the sooner they'll be free to stop defending murderers and blaming the innocent (or the inanimate).
    What does that have to do with Communism? They don't share your beliefs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links