Gun-Buckle Scare At Mira Mesa Bank

This is a discussion on Gun-Buckle Scare At Mira Mesa Bank within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.cbs8.com/story.php?id=95730 Gun-Buckle Scare At Mira Mesa Bank Last Updated: 07-06-07 at 5:46PM Police took two men into custody Friday at a Mira Mesa bank after ...

Thread: Gun-Buckle Scare At Mira Mesa Bank

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.cbs8.com/story.php?id=95730

Last Updated:
    07-06-07 at 5:46PM

Police took two men into custody Friday at a Mira Mesa bank after employees reportedly spotted one of them wearing a belt buckle that looked like a gun.

It happened at a Wells Fargo branch located on Camino Ruiz and Mira Mesa Boulevard, according to a News 8 report.

News 8 cameras caught the action as police took the two men into custody at gunpoint. One of the men apparently was wearing a belt buckle shaped like a gun.

Watch News 8 at 5 for the full story.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Oh great...it's true...we're turning into NotSo Great Britain!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

So this is what the world is coming to.

I noticed the reporter had to dis-credit the innocent guy so all the viewers would not like him. The the anchor guys say. "I don't think anybody would disagree with how the police handled it"

Give me a break. It is a freaking belt buckle. That never would of happened 10 years ago. People are just programmed chickens now.

"Stupid is as stupid does." This is more than a quoat from Forrest Gump it is reality.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

What a crock! Why were the police guns trained on these young men when they were already surrounded by cops with weapons.. drawn and trained on the unarmed individuals, they had dogs there, rifles, AND both "suspects" were complying with their hands in the air.

I would have been pretty angry myself. Point your gun down in the ready position until a threat is evident. Maybe my view isn't the right one... but its mine.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

"Drop your weapon!"
    "I can't, my pants will fall down!"
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    ...Give me a break. It is a freaking belt buckle. That never would of happened 10 years ago...
    I learned of these roughly ten years ago and yes it's a belt buckle that by design retains a real functioning defensive (or offensive) firearm...

More info on this very real product can be found via North American Arms at; http://www.naaminis.com/custcry.html

Considering there has been as of late a bank robbery to occur every week over the past 6 months or so I personally don't think it's unreasonable considering the context to take note of a customer wearing a gun looking device at or on his belt buckle nor the for the police to react and respond as they did.
    Just this morning on CNN there was a story of a bank robbery where some fool walked in with real tree sticks & leaves duct taped to his face as a disguise to rob a bank which is exactly what he did with success.

Bank Robber Dressed As A Tree Caught In N.H.

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_189090132.html

- Janq

"Anywhere anytime [Using anything and everything by anyone]." - DefensiveCarry.com
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    HAHAHA wow a tree! At least hes original *rolls eyes*

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Just this morning on CNN there was a story of a bank robbery where some fool walked in with real tree sticks & leaves duct taped to his face as a disguise to rob a bank which is exactly what he did with success.

Bank Robber Dressed As A Tree Caught In N.H.

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_189090132.html

- Janq

"Anywhere anytime [Using anything and everything by anyone]." - DefensiveCarry.com
    "Yes, may I help the next Ficus tree please?"
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

New Hampshire man in tree outfit? I'm from the same town as he and the bank. How embarrassing to be so poor he couldn't even afford a ski mask; and now the New Hampshire tree huggers are probably mad at him for so called improper use of foliage...
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Cops as lumber jacks?

What will the cops say when they draw down on this guy? "Drop the weapon or we'll chop you down".

Exclamation Crime Might Pay as Bank Robberies Increase

As reported via ABCNews.com:

Crime Might Pay as Bank Robberies Increase
    80 Percent of Cash Taken in Bank Robberies Is Never Recovered.

The number of bank robberies rose about 5 percent in 2006 -- 7,272 incidents in all. (ABC News)

By PIERRE THOMAS and THERESA COOK
    July 10, 2007

Bank robbers hold up at least 23 banks somewhere in the United States every day. The number of bank robberies rose about 5 percent in 2006 -- 7,272 incidents in all.

From three gun-wielding young men robbing a bank in Illinois to a middle-aged man in Texas claiming to be a father who had been just laid off, bank robbery remains one of the most common and troubling crimes facing police.

From Bonnie and Clyde to Costumes

The robbers are overwhelmingly men, often showing up in costumes, wearing masks or wigs, or even dressing in drag. Suspects in a Jackson, Miss., bank robbery posed as FBI agents to get inside the vault.

Watch more on this report from Pierre Thomas tonight on "World News with Charles Gibson."

But women, who make up 5 percent of bank robbery suspects, are getting more brazen -- far different from the days of Bonnie and Clyde, when they served mostly as lookouts.

According to the FBI, the current trend shows that women are much more likely to be robbing the banks themselves.

'Cell Phone' and 'Ponytail' Bandits

Recent cases illustrate that trend, such as the "cell phone bandit" who is serving time in a federal prison for robbing four Wachovia bank branches in the Washington, D.C., area while talking nonchalantly on her mobile phone the entire time.

There's also the "ponytail" robber, who is suspected of robbing banks in Texas, California and Washington, dressed in a zip-up sweatshirt and baseball cap, with a blond ponytail sprouting out the back.

Motive for the Crime

But whether male or female, across the board, suspects are often robbing out of desperation.

"Out of the people we arrest, about 50 percent have a narcotics use habit," said Kenneth Kaiser, assistant director of the FBI's Criminal Investigative Division. "And the other ones may have an alcohol addiction, they may have a gambling addiction, or they may have other financial problems they're trying to resolve," Kaiser continued.

About half of bank thieves use weapons to commit their crimes, but Kaiser said the short-term financial gain is simply not worth the consequences --...

The complete story can be found at; http://abcnews.go.com/WN/LegalCenter...3362853&page=1

- D.B. Cooper
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

The complete story can be found at; http://abcnews.go.com/WN/LegalCenter...3362853&page=1

- D.B. Cooper
    DB COOPER!

Isnt that name of the notorious aircraft hijacker?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Links