LA Gun Dealers To Post Home Danger Warnings

This is a discussion on LA Gun Dealers To Post Home Danger Warnings within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LA Gun Dealers To Post Home Danger Warnings VIDEO: Watch The Latest News SLIDESHOWS: View The Day's Top Photos (CBS) LOS ANGELES Gun dealers in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Gun Dealers To Post Home Danger Warnings

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

VIDEO: Watch The Latest News
    SLIDESHOWS: View The Day's Top Photos

(CBS) LOS ANGELES Gun dealers in Los Angeles will be required to post warnings about the dangers of possessing guns at home, under an ordinance given final approval Friday by the City Council.

The warning language will also have to be provided on the purchaser's bill of sale, according to Councilman Bernard Parks, who introduced the measure in February.

The council preliminarily agreed on June 27 to approve the ordinance, which Parks said is aimed at decreasing domestic gun violence and accidental shootings in Los Angeles.

A similar measure was adopted by the West Hollywood City Council earlier this year.

Opponents of the plan say current state laws already require gun dealers to provide information about the potential dangers of firearms, and how to properly store the weapons.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Hmmm.....warnings on buckets? rope? water?

When can we sell Kalifornia back to Mexico?

Once again, form over substance.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Kalifornia Kraziness is alive and well.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

How about an ordinance to require every grocery and liquor store to post warnings and give a verbal lecture on the dangers of alcohol in the home and car. You may also require that anyone to purchase booze must have a background check, an 8 hour class on the dangers of driving drunk and alcoholism, finger printing and so on. There is much more death and carnage resulting from alcohol than firearms, not to mention disease, broken homes and domestic violence. I’m not a prohibitionist but put it all in prospective.

“First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun”

Chris Benoit killed his wife and child with his bare hands and then hung himself using his own hands and some cabling from his exercise equipment.
    Will people be required to have a warning sticker/label applied to their palms and exercise equipment cabling?

Many thousands of Americans have been killed by hands and I bet some of them were in CA too.
    Something needs to be done about this! It's all just gotten well, out of hand.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Way out of hand. The only person that reads this crap is the person who is already following the laws. No advantage to what we already have. No note on anything, anywhere is going to achieve the results they are acting like they desire.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

OK...everyone meet me this time next week at the Kalifornia border. Bring chainsaws...and your wading boots. These idiots need their own island and I say it's high time we give it to 'em
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

The council preliminarily agreed on June 27 to approve the ordinance, which Parks said is aimed at decreasing domestic gun violence and accidental shootings in Los Angeles.
    That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Who rips off the tags from new pillows? Me! Me! Me! I do it on the principle that I don't need a bureaucrat to tell me how to not suffocate myself while sleeping.

This is aimed at highlighting the stupidity and pie-in-the-sky mentality of contemporary Americans in general:
    Warning: Putting your family's pet dog or cat in this microwave may be dangerous to its health. Do not try to dry your pet's fur in this manner.

Warning: The danger of using of your fingers and hands to mimic choking someone is not reduced by simply calling your actions 'the choking game.' Death or mental disability could occur. Caution!

Warning: Attempting to change your clothes while driving this motor vehicle is dangerous to your health. If you must change your clothes, please first pull over to the nearest safe spot off the roadway.

I wonder if that'll help? No? About as useful as adding yet one more warning on a firearm, I think. Hm. Maybe if we have it laser engraved onto the surface of the slide, highlighted in red lettering? Hm.

Sometimes, I weep for the future.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What about a warning for those who do not posses firearms at home. DANGER: Those who do not have firearms in their home may be/and/or their family, shot,stabbed,strangled,set on fire,robbed of everything they own,tortured,raped,beaten to death or near death, without warning and without a way to defend against criminal(s).

Gun dealers in Los Angeles will be required to post warnings about the dangers of possessing guns at home, under an ordinance given final approval Friday by the City Council.
    Fine. If I owned the shop I would post a second sign right next to the first but twice as big stating the following.

The smaller sign to the left is required by law. In actuallity the ownership of a firearm may be the only method available to defend the lives of you and your family in the event of a violent crime. This is especially true in riot situations such as after the Rodney King incident verdict in Los Angeles or after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans when the government left thousands of citizens defenseless against the hordes of violent criminals who preyed upon them.

Fine. If I owned the shop I would post a second sign right next to the first but twice as big stating the following.

Quote:
    The smaller sign to the left is required by law. In actuallity the ownership of a firearm may be the only method available to defend the lives of you and your family in the event of a violent crime. This is especially true in riot situations such as after the Rodney King incident verdict in Los Angeles or after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans when the government left thousands of citizens defenseless against the hordes of violent criminals who preyed upon them.

+1
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    So let me get this straight. Someone goes to purchase a gun, see's the sign and has a light bulb moment, "Wow , guns can be dangerous? And I planned on letting my child play with it. I changed my mind" ..........GIVE ME A BREAK .. That's hillarious..

As I chaged planes in London's Heathrow airport last week I saw the rows of cigarettes on sale with HUGE warnngs about causing death, cancer, gobal warming, uneven heating of food, higher energy costs and rain. The dang labels were 80% of the box. Now I do not smoke but I can't imagine anyone who does would be put off in the least by the government telling them not to do so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links