Wife and Daughter Shot At

This is a discussion on Wife and Daughter Shot At within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry this happened to your family. Praise be to God that they were not hurt. As far as the perps.....karma has a way of catching ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife and Daughter Shot At

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Sorry this happened to your family. Praise be to God that they were not hurt.

As far as the perps.....karma has a way of catching these thugs in the rear. They will get what is owed them big time eventually.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I guess the question I have is why would someone, out of the blue, target your car? There has to be some underlining motivation on the part of the BG(s) to single out your car.

Rick
    I had thought the same thing. I manage a high profile business here and I am sure I have made more than a few "enemies". My truck is somewhat distinctive as it is "bright red and loaded with chrome goodies and dark tinted windows" so I reckon it is not hard to miss if you know what you are looking for.I am having a very hard time believing this was a random act. All I know is tonight is gonna be a long one..... As for my guess on what caliber round......I would say .25 or 32 acp. judging by the damage and my wife's description of the handgun.And, for Orlando.....well....Yes, its is becoming a cesspool.Quite frankly it is out of control here.The Sheriffs dept. is so involved with politics it has forgotten what it's sworn duty is.I fear as citizens it is now our only option to arm and protect ourselves against the anarchy that awaits us....once again...thank's for your support.....Chris

VIP Member
    Geeez, Lucky to say the least. Glad all is ok.

Thank God your wife and daughter are OK.

I am sure you are glad that your wife is not adamant about carrying but I am also sure you wish she could have seen the light without having to go through this.

Make her aware that she needs to be vigilant now is watching to see if she is being followed as they may target her again if she was in fact the actual target of the attack. It is possible that it was a case of scum bags mistaking her for someone else but this still does not mean that they may not come back to eliminate a witness to their stupidity. And, most likely, they would not be in the same car but a stolen hit mobile.

Make sure she is alert at all times for the possibility of her being followed.

Glad she and your daughter are unhurt.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Thank goodness your family members are okay.

Stay alert, and stay safe!

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Very glad to hear your family is safe.

Also good to see that your daugther had the presence of mind to use the phone.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Administrator
    Well, your family members were not injured.
    That's the most important thing.
    And something positive came out of it.
    Another important thing.

That's a terrible thing that happened but, it sure could have easily been lots worse.
    Just glad that your family has remained intact.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post

and you are right shooting back would probley not have been legal..

But would sure be hard to resist doing ..
    I believe you're wrong about that.
    Maybe in Michigan but they're in Florida.
    I'm not a lawyer but according to the law here she has the right to defend herself and family. That being said. It wouldn't have been OK to fire after she pulled a 360 to pursue.
    It's nonsense to hear the cop say that it happens everyday though. But it is Orlando.

GOOD Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target!

I add to the others my relief that your family is unhurt. I don't understand what kind of thug would do that, but it is that kind of bottom feeder that encouraged me to get my CCW and carry every where I can. We have to be prepared for the world as it is now...more dangerous....more senseless violence....less civility. I am glad your wife is going for her CCW...it will give her a sense of enpowerment to her own and her family's defense. There are several good books on the subject also. Paxton Quigley has one and I believe Massad Ayoob has one for women now too. Check out the book store at Massad Ayoob's site. I wish you all the best.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr7871 View Post
    I had thought the same thing. I manage a high profile business here and I am sure I have made more than a few "enemies". My truck is somewhat distinctive as it is "bright red and loaded with chrome goodies and dark tinted windows" so I reckon it is not hard to miss if you know what you are looking for.I am having a very hard time believing this was a random act. All I know is tonight is gonna be a long one..... As for my guess on what caliber round......I would say .25 or 32 acp. judging by the damage and my wife's description of the handgun.And, for Orlando.....well....Yes, its is becoming a cesspool.Quite frankly it is out of control here.The Sheriffs dept. is so involved with politics it has forgotten what it's sworn duty is.I fear as citizens it is now our only option to arm and protect ourselves against the anarchy that awaits us....once again...thank's for your support.....Chris
    Than more than likely she was followed or there was an expectation with your car taking the same route all the time. Sure glad the family is OK...and I'm sure there are a lot of 'what ifs' going through your mind.

As for her CCW...I think her best defense is her brain. In this case, exiting the fight, especially with the daughter in tow, would of been the best choice (jmo).

Very best in dealing with the stress and safety for your family.

Rick

Glad your wife wants to protect herself. A true sheep first says say "what are the odds of it happening to me?", then when it happens says "what are the odds of it happening twice?"
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I'm glad that your family is OK.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I am so glad that your wife has decided ardently to pursue a CCW license. I'm sorry it took such a scare to finally convince her. Hopefully she has friends (male, female, doesn't matter) that she can convince to carry for their own safety as well!

I'm glad your wife decided to go armed now, because anyone who goes through that and does not decide to be responsible for their own safety is beneath contempt, in my view. Your wife, on the other hand, has my respect.

Glad that your wife and daughter are safe. Random shootings are becoming much more frequent over much of the US.

I'm very happy to hear that your wife and daughter are fine thru this, BUT I want to point out 3 huge errors on all 3 of your parts. First, your wife turned her car around and pursued them. She should have tried to get as far away as possible. Two, your daughter called you. She should have called 911. Strong possibilty that there could have been LEO's in the area who could have nabbed the bad guys. And third, you told them to head home. No, they should have drove to the nearest police station. Why would you want the bad guys to know where you live? Just food for thought, that surprisingly, no one else mentioned here.

Now go get her licensed!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links