Wife and Daughter Shot At

This is a discussion on Wife and Daughter Shot At within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bud White Glad she nor your daughter was not hurt and hope she gets her carry permit and you are right shooting ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife and Daughter Shot At

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    Glad she nor your daughter was not hurt

and hope she gets her carry permit

and you are right shooting back would probley not have been legal..

But would sure be hard to resist doing ..
    I believe your right, once they are leaving and the threat is over, shooting may give you problems; now if they turned around that's another issue.
    I know Dad is the protector; we need to drill it into family to call 911 first then family. It is on the news all the time that the victim calls family, then something bad happens again before they can call 911.

2. Remove Ads

glad they are ok. gotta say...what the hell was she thinking trying to pursue them, especially being unarmed. she had a kid in the car...very irresponsible.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    glad they are ok. gotta say...what the hell was she thinking trying to pursue them, especially being unarmed. she had a kid in the car...very irresponsible.
    "Warrior Mindset." It needs direction though. Glad everyone is safe. Here's a thought: what about a more "gray" vehicle for family use? If you aren't recognizable and if you don't look like a good atrget, you decrease your chances of hitting the lottery.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Given that gang crime is mostly committed by a younger demographic, you might want to see if it's possible your daughter was the target.

Infractions as minor a snitching, or turning down date requests have been known to spark violence with these types.

Please understand this is not an accusation, just a concern based on limited information.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

My kid attends a private Christian school.So I think we can rule out a "hit".As for my wife, she now understands that pursuit was not the best action.Of course she does have the "warrior mentality" But all is well now and we will make the needed adjustments for her and my daughters personal protection when I am not around.Thanks again for everyones support......Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    If she returned fire immediately fine but if she got into a running car chase and was returning fire then no.. be no different than chasing the bad guy and shooting them in the back..

Sorry i should have been more clear..

I think it would be seen as a escalation of force if she chased them and kept returning fire but quick enough to shoot shortly after they did in a side by side would not be a issue i think ..
    Yeah agreed. Legally you'd be in a world of hurt. Personally, morally, I feel no problem with that approach and I think it's the way it should be...but I didn't make the laws so I'm stuck with following them.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Glad to hear all are well. Just for laughs, what did you wife think she was going to do with these jerks if she caught up to them? I know it's not a laughing matter and didn't mean to make lite of it.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    Glad to hear all are well. Just for laughs, what did you wife think she was going to do with these jerks if she caught up to them? I know it's not a laughing matter and didn't mean to make lite of it.
    Quite frankly she did not really intend to catch the "puke".She just wanted to get his tag number.I told her not to try as being shot at once was more than enough.....

Thank God your family was not injured.

Thank God that your wife and daughter weren't hurt!!

She did right getting out of the kill-zone. (The other option is just to throw your hands up and think, "This isn't happening to me!")

It's sad that an incident like this had to happen to motivate her to get her CCW. Now get her 'all legal' and buy her a new tool!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Glad to hear Wife and Daughter are ok.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

VIP Member
    Like you said, thank God she and your daughter are okay!

One good thing though... soon your wife won't be unarmed anymore!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

God bless your family Chris. We all must pray that the lord will protect us from such dangerous people, and also that these people will stray from there evil methods. They will surely become a statstic when they come across a woman who is cornered and packing the heat. If only I can get my other half to start carrying BEFORE she becomes a victim. God bless all that have posted here...
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Too bad the cell phone did not have a camera or that your wife could not get the license. That guy(s) needs to be taken off the street and maybe the planet.
    Happy no one was hurt. Shocking story.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I guess the question I have is why would someone, out of the blue, target your car? There has to be some underlining motivation on the part of the BG(s) to single out your car.
    Wrong site; blaming the victim for the crime belongs over at Daily Kos.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links