I was carrying

This is a discussion on I was carrying within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday during lunch I went for gas for the yard machines. And fuel for the truck. On my way back to work, a guy driving ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was carrying

I was carrying

Yesterday during lunch I went for gas for the yard machines. And fuel for the truck.
    On my way back to work, a guy driving a pick-up ran a stop sign on me. I slid to a stop about 2 feet from him. He stops in front of me and gives me the finger.
    After about 10 or 15 seconds he takes off. I go the same direction as me, because that is my way to work.
    About 1/4 mile down the road he slams on the brakes and gestures me to his truck [I never got out of my truck] gives me the finger again, then starts to act like he is slapping someone around. This lasted for about 30 seconds then he drove off.
    I started to call police but hung up when he drove off.
    Very strange indeed.

2. Remove Ads

He sounds like a mental giant.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Good job not giving in to road rage.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    Good job not giving in to road rage.
    +1.

Just because an idiot invites one to play does not mean one must accept the invitation....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrashfarm View Post
    ... a guy ... ran a stop sign ... gives me the finger ... he slams on the brakes and gestures me to his truck [I never got out of my truck] gives me the finger again, then starts to act like he is slapping someone around.
    Some folks really need to have LEO attention, at certain times in their lives. Sounds like this was one of them. Threats of violence, twice. The 'rager could very well done serious damage, had he been armed with anything more than a skeleton intellect and a beater pickup.

Good on ya, for simply watching and waiting.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lead Moderator
    Perhaps getting a plate # and calling PD anyway, might be the best action. The driver was obviously looking for a fight. the next person he comes upon may not be so reserved as you.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetrashfarm View Post
    I started to call police but hung up when he drove off.
    I think I'd have completed the call and reported him and his tag number for road rage.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

+1

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Perhaps getting a plate # and calling PD anyway, might be the best action. The driver was obviously looking for a fight. the next person he comes upon may not be so reserved as you.
    He deserves a little police attitude adjustment.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

you held your 'cool'...but I would have completed the call!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    I dont beleive that a 911 "call" would have made any difference at all.

On my way back to work, a guy driving a pick-up ran a stop sign on me. I slid to a stop about 2 feet from him. He stops in front of me and gives me the finger.
    For one, the only thing that took place was a driver ran a stop sign, and then proceeded to use sign language that is protected by the First Amendment.

About 1/4 mile down the road he slams on the brakes and gestures me to his truck [I never got out of my truck] gives me the finger again, then starts to act like he is slapping someone around.
    Still nothing illegal there.

That would be a real low priority call...that is if dispatch even put it out.

Even if a cop stopped the fingerhappy guy, they couldnt have done anything with him other than give him a close equipment check.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    For one, the only thing that took place was a driver ran a stop sign, and then proceeded to use sign language that is protected by the First Amendment.
    And strolling down the street with your AK is protected by the second. Your point?

I think you handled it just right... Some people are just mental midgets.

Stay in your truck, stay prepared, Drive On!

Only thing LEO could have done was write a ticket for stop sign if the LEO had witnessed the offense.... Then maybe the idiot would have escalated the traffic stop into something we see on COPS.... Now that would have been something to sit back and watch!

Maybe get a DUI & resisting arrest, assault on LEO and the other great stuff you see on COPS.

But calling 911 after the fact, HotGuns is correct. Way low priority call and more than likely if anyone responded would have been an "unfounded" call.

But, always be prepared to call if necessary.

Stay Safe! And keep that pistol handy!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Lead Moderator
    Low priority call, but I guess it depends on where you are located. They call it a welfare check around here, to see if the guy is unstable at least.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    But calling 911 after the fact, HotGuns is correct. Way low priority call and more than likely if anyone responded would have been an "unfounded" call.
    Depends..Some areas have specific legislation aimed at Road Ragers, in those areas while still a lower priority that "OMG! there is a dude stabbing everyone with a kitchen knife" calls, it ranks higher then "can you get our cat out of the mailbox?" calls..

Colorado State Patrol has a specific "hotline" that we can call to report "road rage/unsafe/aggressive driving.. never used it, so I don't know what kind of response time (if any) calls to that line get.. but we can't be the only area with 'anti-road rage' laws..

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Sometimes people just suck. Best of luck to you.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links