Gun handling manners?

This is a discussion on Gun handling manners? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I work at a gun shop and I NEVER hand over a gun with the action closed. Additionally, I NEVER walk around with a gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun handling manners?

Senior Moderator
    I work at a gun shop and I NEVER hand over a gun with the action closed. Additionally, I NEVER walk around with a gun with a closed action, even if I'm just looking to see if we have another of the same in stock. It's just plain rude. I know it's empty but you don't.
    Amen to that.

When giving CHL classes all students are taught that all slides will be locked back with no magazines and revolvers open at all times. We've had great success with that. I suppose that outlining the expectations early and enforcing them makes a difference as it is very rare that we have to "remind" someone to comply.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    When I pass a gun from me to you, the action will be open. If you dont when passing one to me, I wont take it. I'll remind once.
    Isn't that a dilemma? If someone does not know enough to properly clear the weapon prior to passing it, I would be very wary of then asking them to clear it in front of me.

I recently showed my new snub to a friend. The first thing she did was do the wrist thing to close the action (must be some official term for that) and then covered me with the muzzle as she swept her arm around. Yikes! After I explained to her basic safety she proceeded to tell me she was experienced and had been shooting for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links