Defensive Carry banner

Chinese kids

888 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  friesepferd 
#1 ·
Had an interesting time tonight. I took my two Chinese exchange students out shooting. They are 12 and 13 year old boys.

From what I hear, in China, the only guns are in the Police and military, so some will never have opportunity to handle a gun, not to mention shoot.

They were very nervous at first, but seemed to relax a little. I was probably more nervous than them, as the language barrier didn't allow me to give a proper safety briefing. I did make them understand to never muzzle flag anyone at all. I kept telling them to only point to the sky or the hill, never turn, never wave, etc.

One of them (the loudmouth) was kinda scared, but the other one, really picked it up. From what I could teach him, he hit the target pretty much every time. Not bad, I guess for a first timer.

I hope I didn't just train China's future best sniper, lol. One more week here, then they travel and go home. Perhaps we will take another trip out.

Nate

#4 ·
Fun and Smiles transcends any language barrier. :hand10:

Good job being an ambassador for our sport and country.

Biker :tumbleweed:

#5 ·
Now that is cool. Hope you do get a chance to go one more time before they leave.

You know they will talk about that experience for a long time to come.

Probably talking about American Cowboys!

:congrats:

#6 ·
They may be trained how to use an SKS or an AKM back home if they make it to University. Most of the Chinese engineers I work with, even some of the ones in their 20's can describe the operation of the AK series rifles. One of them I have worked with for almost 8 years now described the training he had while at University...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.