CC'ing two J-frames/Wheelies instead of a high cap auto?

This is a discussion on CC'ing two J-frames/Wheelies instead of a high cap auto? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So a couple of weeks ago I bought a NIB blued 442 (range report and pics to come) and have fallen in love with S&W ...

Thread: CC'ing two J-frames/Wheelies instead of a high cap auto?

CC'ing two J-frames/Wheelies instead of a high cap auto?

So a couple of weeks ago I bought a NIB blued 442 (range report and pics to come) and have fallen in love with S&W snubbies. Don't know why I didn't buy a J-frame sooner. It is so easy and comfortable to wear, I never really have to worry about printing, or jamming into me when bending over. Except for its low capacity, it seems to be the perfect CCW.

That's what got me thinking about buying a 340pd for IWB carry and put my 442 on my ankle. I was wondering if anyone has carried two wheelies and how they did it and if they liked it or not. My other option seems to be 442 IWB/OWB and a P3AT in the pocket. Thoughts/Suggestions would be awesome.

2. Remove Ads

Ahhh yes... the famous New York Reload! Nothing wrong with that! I would still carry reloads in speed strips, but go for the back up gun when the first one ran dry. (speed strips are good because they are flat and less bulky then the regular round speed loaders)

I have carried a 3" Ruger Speed Six stainless and a 2" Ruger SP-101 as a BUG and felt perfectly safe and properly prepared.

The six shot Speed Six was carried in a strong side OWB pancake holster and the five shot SP-101 carried in weak side front pocket.

Or I carried the Speed Six in a chest mounted Belly Band type holster and the SP-101 in the strong side front pocket in case I needed to get to it quicker than to do a slower "tactical draw" from the gun inside the shirt under my left armpit.

Worked great! I also carried reloads in Bianchi Speed Strips but those would be used if both guns ran dry.

I'm not sure which of the two you mentioned are the lighter weight of the two guns, but if using an ankle holster, I would put the lightest weight gun on the ankle.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links